SiouxSports.com Forum

Herald Articles

schmidtdoggydog

Interesting reads, thanks for posting them. I guess it is reassuring that people are noticing the treatment to ZPar and more importantly, think it is unacceptable. Did you guys read on INCH's weekly column about the phone call Greg Shepherd got?

"While having a bite to eat at a Madison watering hole after the Friday night Wisconsin-Michigan Tech game, Shepherd's cell phone rang, displaying a Colorado number. Thinking it might be someone from the league office, Shepherd answered the call and got an earful from a disgruntled Colorado College fan, upset about the officiating in Friday's Minnesota-CC game."

I thought that was pretty humorous.

Not sure where I should post this, so I'm putting it here. PCM, i was in at work last night and got a chance to read the feature article about the WCHA officiating. Good story, however I can see why USCHO wouldn't publish it. It was very well written. :lol:

No. I e-mailed it to him because I thought it was funny. I didn't know that he'd use it in his column.

Then it sounds as if Pat has some conections in the Media. Hey PCM how about forwarding some of the discussions about the reffing on Siouxsports.com to the league office? :lol:

Interesting reads, thanks for posting them. I guess it is reassuring that people are noticing the treatment to ZPar and more importantly, think it is unacceptable. Did you guys read on INCH's weekly column about the phone call Greg Shepherd got?

"While having a bite to eat at a Madison watering hole after the Friday night Wisconsin-Michigan Tech game, Shepherd's cell phone rang, displaying a Colorado number. Thinking it might be someone from the league office, Shepherd answered the call and got an earful from a disgruntled Colorado College fan, upset about the officiating in Friday's Minnesota-CC game."

I thought that was pretty humorous.

I think that is the point the refs need to be held accountable about the state of the officating in the WCHA. Some of the stuff that has taken place on the ice this season is a travesty and some head need to roll.

The most interesting part of the first article was that the Devils have talked to the WCHA about the refing and the treatment of their asset (Zach).

For a pro team to get involved with the reffing of a College game there must be something clearly wrong.

The most interesting part of the first article was that the Devils have talked to the WCHA about the refing and the treatment of their asset (Zach).

For a pro team to get involved with the reffing of a College game there must be something clearly wrong.

Actually I remember an article a couple of years back in the GF Herald and it mentioned that Herb Brooks had made mention about the reffing in college hockey and had said that the WCHA needs NHL quality reffing for their games

I have to say that I can honestly say that it is not a case of being a homer about the officiating in the WCHA. I rarely get a chance to watch the beloved Sioux get mauled by the opposition, but I do get to go or watch a lot of JBSU and Goofs games. Since I am not a fan of either, but enjoy the entertainment qualities of introducing my kids to the game, I see quite a few WCHA games with a very objective eye. Let me tell you it is not just the Sioux that are suffering from this, but it is every team in the league that has to deal with these a** clowns on a weekly basis. I can't even count the number of penelties that I have seen blown this year and in many cases instead of manning up they take offense and start to become bigger than the game. The system has been the biggest old boys network that has ever existed and until it is revamped with more scrutiny and accountability of officials instead of bringing in someones brothers-cousins-uncle's-best friend we will continue to suffer these officiating woes. :lol:

What I hope is that Kerry Frasier will retire after this season if there is a lockout. Then I hope the WCHA can woo him in and fire Greg Sheperd and then give Kerry the reigns. Then, give him the "keys" to the ax and watch him go to town.

That would be neat to see. Dreaming, but still neat to see.

Edit: And Dogz, if you became a ref, then we'd know why you are making all those favorable calls towards UMD :lol: