SiouxSports.com Forum

Lamoureax makes USHL All Star team.

Wilbur

I think the situation next season is going to be interesting. I mean, who do you start? JP is doing a great job. JB is doing good too. NZ has great potential. PL does too. I mean, the question is: what do you do when you have 4 potentially #1 goalies on your team?

The youngest Lamoureax brother is Mario who plays for central. Then its PJ, who plays defense for the bobcats, then its Jacque who plays forward for the bobcats, and then the oldest brother Phil. In other words: Phil, Jacque, PJ, Mario. All soon to be Fighting Sioux!!!!!

As for the goaltending rotation next year, your guess is as good as mine. Brandt will be a senior so he'll get some time, but I'm thinking that Phil will step right in and get playing time right away. The odd, man out may be Ziggy.... :glare:

As for the goaltending rotation next year, your guess is as good as mine. Brandt will be a senior so he'll get some time, but I'm thinking that Phil will step right in and get playing time right away. The odd, man out may be Ziggy.... :glare:

All four will likely be on scholarship and although DB has said he doesn't like carrying four goaltenders on the roster I have to wonder if one would be cut?

Perhaps either PL or Ziggy could be redshirted - although I don't know how likely that is either.

But, if Ziggy was reshirted, the next season UND would have JP (jun) and PL and Ziggy as sophs - the alternative scenario would leave JP and Ziggy as juniors and PL as a freshmen. Either way, the I would have to think the goaltending will be in good hands for the next several years.

I think your right, somebody has to be redshirted. I don't think that Phil is the type of player that would wait around to be redshirted either, so its either going to be Parise or Ziggy. And with the way things are right now if somebody was going to be redshirted it would be Ziggy. :glare:

All four will likely be on scholarship and although DB has said he doesn't like carrying four goaltenders on the roster I have to wonder if one would be cut?

Perhaps either PL or Ziggy could be redshirted - although I don't know how likely that is either.

But, if Ziggy was reshirted, the next season UND would have JP (jun) and PL and Ziggy as sophs - the alternative scenario would leave JP and Ziggy as juniors and PL as a freshmen. Either way, the I would have to think the goaltending will be in good hands for the next several years.

What a horrible dilema to have as a hockey coach, something is going to have to give.

Some more accolades for Lammy...

http://www.ushl.com/pr/20032004/20040116ushl.htm

Lamoureux named Goalies' World Goaltender of the Month for December

January 16, 2004

The United States Hockey League, in conjunction with Goalies' World Magazine, announced today that Lincoln Stars goaltender Phillippe Lamoureux (Grand Forks, N.D.) was named Goalies' World Magazine / USHL Goaltender of the Month for December 2003.

A University of North Dakota recruit, Lamoureux was key in the Stars' mid-season resurgence, posting five wins in December without a defeat. His December goals-against average of 1.20 was among the league's very best as was his .957 saves percentage.

Lamoureux's winning streak was highlighted by a 22-save shutout against St. Louis on Dec. 5 which helped commence Lincoln's climb in the West Division standings.

In the Goalies' World Magazine scoring system, Lamoureux accumulated 102.80 points. St. Louis' Charlie Effinger (102.50), Cedar Rapids' Joe Fallon (102.18) Chicago's Adam D'Alba (102.13) and Sioux City's Jeff Lantz (101.83) rounded out the Goalies' World top five. Fallon claimed November Goaltender of the Month honors.

"Phil is a third-year guy who has earned the right of a lot of playing time and handled it very well," said Lincoln head coach / general manager Steve Johnson.

I noticed that Lammy had a few rough outings after his return from the holiday tournaments, but it looks like he was in fine form last night. Lincoln beat Tri-City 1-0, with Lammy recording 45 saves on 45 shots. That's a goaltender stealing a game.

...and the accolades keep on coming.....

http://www.journalstar.com/sports.php?story_id=116869

Lamoureux breaks Stars' record for victories

BY MARK DEROWITSCH / Lincoln Journal Star

Moments after Philippe Lamoureux became the winningest goaltender in Lincoln Stars' history, he decided to go for a little stroll around the Ice Box.

As is the custom for the game's top star, Lamoureux carried a T-shirt with him to throw into the crowd following Lincoln's 5-1 United States Hockey League victory against Des Moines. But instead of stepping onto the ice to wave to the crowd, Lamoureux did a victory lap.

And when he spotted his dad, Pierre, standing in the Zamboni pit, Lamoureux made his way there, handed him the shirt, and paused long enough so someone could capture the moment on film.

By the time he finally made his way down to the Stars' dressing room two minutes later with win No. 58 in hand, Lamoureux was downplaying his moment in the spotlight.

Lamoureux, 58-25-8 in his third year with the Stars, overtook Wayne Russell as the Stars' top goaltender. Russell won 57 games with Lincoln from 1997-98 through 1999-2000.

"It really isn't a big deal to me," Lamoureux said. "It's nice to have, and it's something I'll look back on years from now and be proud of, but right now I'm more worried about improving and getting myself and our team ready for the playoffs."

If the last three games are any indication, Lamoureux is creeping closer to postseason form. He easily handled almost everything Des Moines threw his way. The only time the Bucs broke through came 7 minutes, 27 seconds into the third when defenseman Alan Dorich's wrister from the blue line made its way through traffic, bounced off a player near the crease and squirted through Lamoureux's legs.

Dorich's first goal of the season cut Lincoln's lead to 3-1.

Other than that, Lamoureux was his usual self. He turned in a 29-save performance for his 16th win this season.

"Phil deserves the record," Stars coach Steve Johnson said. "When Phil came back here, he knew he was going to play a lot and he's mature enough to handle it."

The Stars showed some characteristics of a playoff-type team, too. It took Matt Weir all of 40 seconds to answer the Buccaneers and end any hope Des Moines had of making a game of it.

Later in the period, the Stars made it 5-1 on Brent Borgen's eighth goal of the year. It was Borgen's first goal since Nov. 29.

"We showed some mental toughness out there when we scored right after they did and eliminated their momentum," Lamoureux said.

The Stars built a three-goal lead early in the game on goals by Jared Bye and Derek Whitmore in the first, and Whitmore's second tally of the night early in the third. Both of Whitmore's goals came on the power play.

By beating the Bucs, the Stars (20-15-3) strengthened their hold on fourth place in the West Division. Lincoln leads Des Moines by 10 points with 22 games remaining in the regular season. The top four teams from each division advance to the playoffs.

"It's important that we try to position ourselves the best we can for the playoffs, but we certainly have some things we need to work on," Johnson said. "We're not quite at the level we were two weeks before Christmas, and our goal is to get back in that elite category."