SiouxSports.com Forum

1987 Dream Team Poster and Sioux Pucks

pivetz

Awhile back there was talk of a Fighting Sioux Hockey Puck Page. Any have any info on that page? Also I am looking for a 1987 Dream Team Poster, I know that you can not get them and the photographer is out, but if anyone is interested in selling one or any type of Fighting Sioux Puck let me know.

Thanks

Awhile back there was talk of a Fighting Sioux Hockey Puck Page. Any have any info on that page? Also I am looking for a 1987 Dream Team Poster, I know that you can not get them and the photographer is out, but if anyone is interested in selling one or any type of Fighting Sioux Puck let me know.

Thanks

Check with Associated Printers in Grafton. They got stuck with a bunch of them when the artist did not pay his bill.

Check with Associated Printers in Grafton. They got stuck with a bunch of them when the artist did not pay his bill.

Let me know if you hear anything from Associated Printers, I might be interested. Thanks.

I must have sold 30 or so of these things for 5 bucks a piece. Sold them to a lot of the team, their parents, their girlfriends, girlfriends parents, etc... There had to been at least a 100 or so of them in a pile on the floor when Associated was where the Hertz lot is on next to Ivan's across from Big Dad's.

I must have sold 30 or so of these things for 5 bucks a piece. Sold them to a lot of the team, their parents, their girlfriends, girlfriends parents, etc... There had to been at least a 100 or so of them in a pile on the floor when Associated was where the Hertz lot is on next to Ivan's across from Big Dad's.

5 bucks? I wouldn't think they would have any left selling them at that price...of course I didn't even know about the print until many years later...

5 bucks? I wouldn't think they would have any left selling them at that price...of course I didn't even know about the print until many years later...

I knew the guys running it. They were just putting the 5 into their own pockets. Associated had already written the job off as a loss. They weren't selling them to the public. The paper they were printed on was a real high quality cotton linen mixture. The type you would print currency on.

I knew the guys running it. They were just putting the 5 into their own pockets. Associated had already written the job off as a loss. They weren't selling them to the public. The paper they were printed on was a real high quality cotton linen mixture. The type you would print currency on.

Ok...no wonder I never saw it...btw, they could have sold a boatload of those things after that season...

Ok...no wonder I never saw it...btw, they could have sold a boatload of those things after that season...

That is what the artist thought also. Problem was it did not turn out that way. Might have been an issue with who owned the rights. For Associated to sell them they probably would have had to go to court first to get a judgment to have the right to sell them. Then after getting their costs back they would have had to cut up the money with the artist. If the artist maybe had not spent so much time losing all his money at the Southgate gambling he would have been in a better place. Instead of paying Associated for the prints he took the money to the Southgate pull tabs. Siouxtupa can say what he wants but I saw his dad doing this and knew the people who ran the gaming at the Gate. Sorry if this sounds cruel but it is a fact.

That is what the artist thought also. Problem was it did not turn out that way. Might have been an issue with who owned the rights. For Associated to sell them they probably would have had to go to court first to get a judgment to have the right to sell them. Then after getting their costs back they would have had to cut up the money with the artist. If the artist maybe had not spent so much time losing all his money at the Southgate gambling he would have been in a better place. Instead of paying Associated for the prints he took the money to the Southgate pull tabs. Siouxtupa can say what he wants but I saw his dad doing this and knew the people who ran the gaming at the Gate. Sorry if this sounds cruel but it is a fact.

A little harsh
  • Upvote 1

Compared to shots taken at me here I think not. Associated took a beating on this. That paper was very expensive and they had to eat the lose.

You're here to defend yourself and encourage the arguments. Hiding behind a screen anonymously arguing with someone is much different than personally calling someone out on something that may or may not be true with them not having a chance to defend themselves.

You're here to defend yourself and encourage the arguments. Hiding behind a screen anonymously arguing with someone is much different than personally calling someone out on something that may or may not be true with them not having a chance to defend themselves.

It is true what I posted. Siouxtupa even conceded the point in the past. And your name is what?

It is true what I posted. Siouxtupa even conceded the point in the past. And your name is what?

You are the one that is constantly bringing up other people's name, good and bad. Not sure if you want people to think you're connected and well known or what (and maybe you are, don't know, don't care), but it is definitely a trend of yours.

• Upvote 2

You are the one that is constantly bringing up other people's name, good and bad. Not sure if you want people to think you're connected and well known or what (and maybe you are, don't know, don't care), but it is definitely a trend of yours.

Educating the public.