SiouxSports.com Forum

Troy Huff - All American

GeauxSioux

http://www.undsports...TCLID=206927060

North Dakota junior Troy Huff was one of 25 Division I Mid-Major players named to the 2013 Lou Henson All-America Team announced on Monday by collegeinsider.com officials. The All-America honor is the first at the Division I level for a UND player.

"Troy had a fantastic season for us and this is more positive attention for both him and our program in what was a special first season in the Big Sky Conference," UND head coach Brian Jones said. "To be recognized as one of the top players at this level and have your name mentioned along with Lou Henson is truly special."

On the College Insider page, hit the Mid-Major All-America Team. Huff is the player shown ... http://www.collegeinsider.com/

Congratulations Troy. Follow it up next year with another along with the Big Sky crown.

Congratulations to Troy Huff. Huff is a great individual player and has won many deserved awards these last 3 years. Hopefully next year he can become more of a team player and take UND to the next level cause I believe if he passes more with 2-3 defenders on him to wide open players it will elevate UND to a point they can compete and beat teams like Montana , UNI and the Webers that play total team ball. We have not played very good team ball for most of the games and with our senior class next year and the new players coming in we can be dancing if we get away from all our individual play. Go Sioux

Congratulations to Troy Huff. Huff is a great individual player and has won many deserved awards these last 3 years. Hopefully next year he can become more of a team player and take UND to the next level cause I believe if he passes more with 2-3 defenders on him to wide open players it will elevate UND to a point they can compete and beat teams like Montana , UNI and the Webers that play total team ball. We have not played very good team ball for most of the games and with our senior class next year and the new players coming in we can be dancing if we get away from all our individual play. Go Sioux

I disagree with your team ball assessment in regards to Huff. That may have applied to to him the last couple of years, but not last year. I felt he was a team player. His effort is there and he showed numerous times that he was the one willing to take the shot when it was necessary. Sometimes we have guys that defer those opportunities, you also need guys to take those opportunities and not have regrets- make or miss. Why is it every time you give Huff credit, you at the same time have to qualify it with..."well he needs to be a better team player" or "that's great but he should never shoot a 3 point FG" . Can't we just say congratulations and can't wait until next year. Personally, I thought Huffs performance was leaps and bounds better in regards to "team" play this year. I don't know why any of us should doubt that he's not capable of improving going into next year, just as he did into this year. The record speaks for itself, with and without Huff. Personally, I believe we are way better off with him and you know what, sometimes he will quick shoot or try make play...scorer's do that. If he makes the play, and get's him and his team going "that's to be expected" if that time it doesn't work or he doesn't convert..."he's playing too selfishly, and needs to be more of a team, player" well I don't think you can have it both ways. Scorer's sometimes are selfish, always have been in the game of basketball, doesn't mean he is all the time, and I think this last year proved that he is far less that way than he ever was.

• Upvote 2

A healthy Huff could lead to a great 13-14 season!!!!

Ha, when I first read that, I though you said "A healthy Huff could lead us to a 13 win, 14 loss season" lol I was like, what the heck is wrong with this guy. Huff is a tremendous player, through in the rest of a mostly returning team and some strong new freshman and we should have a greate season :)

Ha, when I first read that, I though you said "A healthy Huff could lead us to a 13 win, 14 loss season" lol I was like, what the heck is wrong with this guy. Huff is a tremendous player, through in the rest of a mostly returning team and some strong new freshman and we should have a greate season :)

Lol!!! No no i mean a great 2013-2014 season. That's funny.

green team, you took the words out of my mouth. That guy doesnt know how to just congratulate Huff without saying something negative behind it. He had a great season, he was an all-american, why are you critiqing his "team ball" play at such a proud and happy moment for not only him but the program. Debby Downers will always exist my man. This guy obviousy has something against Huff. Since he's been here as a Freshman, I have NEVER saw this guy writer anything positive. Take that mess and energy to the Bison forum!

green team, you took the words out of my mouth. That guy doesnt know how to just congratulate Huff without saying something negative behind it. He had a great season, he was an all-american, why are you critiqing his "team ball" play at such a proud and happy moment for not only him but the program. Debby Downers will always exist my man. This guy obviousy has something against Huff. Since he's been here as a Freshman, I have NEVER saw this guy writer anything positive. Take that mess and energy to the Bison forum!

First line - Congratulations to Troy Huff. Second line - Huff is a great individual player and has won many DESERVED awards these last 3 years. Have said many times Huff is a great player with unlimited athletic ability and that if this TEAM is going further it will depend on Huff. I personally congratulate Huff after every game when I get the chance. Him being mid major all american is great for him and for the university without a doubt. Until he shows me more that he is a team player I will still comment on the fact that he shoots way to many shots with 2-3 defenders on him. Green team agrees he was not so much a team player his first 2 years but wasn't the case this year. Well he only had 1 assist/game this year (which was less than prior 2 years) and he draws 2-3 guys everytime he drives and to get only 1 assist/game with that many guys on you in my mind he should be getting more teammates involved with a pass. Huff is I believe the only player on this team that can take us to the next level next year and I guess I expect more from him with all his abilities. He can't continue to take shots with that many defenders on him with other wide open is my point and I've never seen anything to change that.