SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ MANKATO - Saturday WCHA finale

AZSIOUX

Go back to GPL and stay there. Ridiculous post or not, if you care enough about your team, then you you shouldn't care one bit about what's being said here.

I think you mistake caring for finding humor. It's all good. Both MN and UND should win and may well see each other in th F5. That will be a fun game regardless of the outcome.

I don't have a problem with the split, I thought going in that is what would happen. my problem or concern is the effort and lack of emotion being displayed other than tears shed after last sat. over the last two months it has happened way to frequently(not showing up). both cc games, fri at minny, fri at home scsu, fri wisc, fri denver, fri bsu, both msum. it is an alarming trend. now maybe they plan on flipping the switch come friday night as maybe theur entire focus has been a playoff run without much regard for the regular season. let minny celebrate with the cup, we have bigger fish to fry in piitsburgh..

If its the Sioux vs the goofs for the championship what are the chances there will be no shepards or andersons reffing the game??? And the reffing will be completely fair lol

IIRC, I don't think we can meet UMN for the F5 championship (assuming they both advance to the F5). I believe they would end up playing the Friday game if the Sioux won their Thurs game.

Unless SCSU gets upset up UAA in the first round. :)

IIRC, I don't think we can meet UMN for the F5 championship (assuming they both advance to the F5). I believe they would end up playing the Friday game if the Sioux won their Thurs game.

Or MN gets upset by Bemidji. :) :)

As always you are correct troll.... :p

As inconsistent as the Sioux have been at times you could say the same about SCSU. Getting swept at home by RPI, then winning part of the league title. Funny how hockey works.....they are considered a bubble team right now....tied for tenth in the pairwise.

Was at both games this weekend. The Saturday night game was a tremendous game, a real barn burner. The Sioux transition game was really flying at times, especially in the first period. Both goalies played outstanding. From what I have seen this year, Williams for MSU is as good a goalie as anyone in the WCHA. He made some incredible saves both nights. Gothberg played great tonight too. Twice I thought Grimaldi was going to win the game from point blank up the middle and both times Williams made the save. MSU is a very good team. They skate and pass very well and they have outstanding goaltending. I would guess their primary weakness is lack of experience at being this good. While it is disappointing the Sioux lost the game, they had their chances to win this game and MSU rose to the occasion. It was great skating, and not the junk that BSU and WI play.

I had several different MSU fan groups comment to me after the Saturday night game that UND and the program are a class act.

If anything, the last two weekends have shown how much this team misses Brock Nelson. While Grimaldi fits well on the top line, it is putting all your eggs in one basket and Bemidji showed it is possible to shut down that line, especially if the officiating cooperates. Rocco fit in very well with the Rowney line and made it a threat. The problem is there needs to be someone to play with Kristo and Knight. Nelson would have filled that nicely and UND would be a powerhouse. The best solution would be to leave Grimaldi with Rowney if someone else can be found that can mesh with the top line. It is a hell of a situation to be in heading into the playoffs.

I was there as well and thanks for saving me the effort of typing out all my thoughts. :) UND had Grade-A chances to score 4-5 goals but couldn't bury one. To go far they'll need to change that in a hurry.

Regardless. SCSU had a chance to clinch a share of it Friday night so it should have been in Madison. WCHA could have brought it to Bemidji today.

It's a real shame considering it's St. Cloud's first MacNaughton Cup win.

What I heard is that the league contacted SCSU about having the cup in Madison for them but SCSU just said they would rather just have it on Friday night of the WCHA playoffs so they can celebrate with their fans. Because of that Minnesota was allowed to keep the cup for now, so they brought it to Bemidji, I guess.

I believe since there's 2 champions that each team gets the cup for 6 months too.