SiouxSports.com Forum

Dude! You're missing your Dell

siouxfan512

For those of you that have followed Aaron Dell's progress this year, he has been pretty stellar; not to mention showcasing some impressive boxing skills. Who knew?

Where would UND be is Mr. Dell had decided to stay at UND. No doubt we have had some impressive showings from both Gothberg and Saunders, but neither had the experience that Aaron had compiled through his years at UND.

I tend to believe that with that type of goaltending we would be running away with the conference. I definitely see us winning the majority of the 7 ties that we currently have.

Thoughts??

For those of you that have followed Aaron Dell's progress this year, he has been pretty stellar; not to mention showcasing some impressive boxing skills. Who knew?

Where would UND be is Mr. Dell had decided to stay at UND. No doubt we have had some impressive showings from both Gothberg and Saunders, but neither had the experience that Aaron had compiled through his years at UND.

I tend to believe that with that type of goaltending we would be running away with the conference. I definitely see us winning the majority of the 7 ties that we currently have.

Thoughts??

Depends on whether we got the Dell from the beginning of last season or the playoff-push Dell. One was terrible and one was decent. Either way, I don't see our record being much (if at all) better than it currently is.

I agree with this....

I'd take the Dell from THIS year! Everything I have seen about him has been impressive. Thats not to know Zane or Clark, they are doing a good job, but it would have been great to see Aaron back for another season.

Could you imagine if Brock Nelson stuck around for this year. I'd rather have Brock then Dell (if I had to choose one).

100% agree, obviously having both could really set this team apart, but Brock would have really added that huge scoring punch. Hard to imagin the sioux having tied 7 games if we had Brock on the ice.

I'm actually pretty surprised we're as high up in the WCHA as we are without Dell and Brock. Dell brought consistancy night in and night out, we'd easily have 6 more wins win Dell in net. Brock would've added another 20 goals.

Shoulda/Coulda/Woulda

You could play the 'What If' game every year but it just sucks to think about. We could have Brock, Stefan Mateau, JT Miller, Kristo, Knight, and Grimaldi on the same college hockey team. Now that would be a ridiculous level of talent.

Fun to think about all of that potential together. I would love to see UND get a group of talent like we had with the DOT line. How did we not win a title back then. Tough to get that much high end talent together on a college team though.

What if game eh?

05-06 team could have featured Parise and Stafford in addition to Toews Oshie Zajac Spirko Porter Kozek with a defense of Jones Chorney Finley Lee Smaby Radke with Parise in net and JPL as backup. Could you imagine a top line of Toews Parise and Stafford or Oshie? The DOT line would have had nothing on the POT line.