SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Omaha

SWSiouxMN

We've been very fortunate going 3-3 the last 6 games with 2 starters out of the line-up (our 4th and 5th leading scorers) and it was just a matter of time before we lost games we should have won. Huff taking 21 shots and also 7 free throws is not very good team ball. Didn't see the game but it didn't sound like a lot of team ball and obviously very poor defense to allow so many points to a team we beat badly several months ago.

Sioux2013, really? because he took 21 shots, he didn't play team ball, erase the fact that he had 3 assist and 7 rebounds right? You have to understand at some point; Huff and Anderson HAVE to take 15 plus shots a game. UND is not a Syracuse, where they have 7-8 different scoring options. They literally have 3. Next years team (If everyone is eligible and cleared to play ???) is a different story.

Sioux2013, really? because he took 21 shots, he didn't play team ball, erase the fact that he had 3 assist and 7 rebounds right? You have to understand at some point; Huff and Anderson HAVE to take 15 plus shots a game. UND is not a Syracuse, where they have 7-8 different scoring options. They literally have 3. Next years team (If everyone is eligible and cleared to play ???) is a different story.

Like I said, I did not see the game but I do know that teams are converging down on Anderson, Webb and Huff when they are driving and they all need to dish it to a wide open man and not force any shots. Don't know how many were forced but it sounded like alot of one on one stuff which is never good for this team. Anytime this team has one guy taking that many shots we are generally always looking at a loss. Hopefully starting this week they will have 5 scoring threats that at anytime are capable of 20 points with Brekke and Schuler back and that should make a huge difference. Also what will help is the fact that Jones said the players got tired with Anderson playing 39 minutes and Huff 37 minutes. We need to be full strength for the remainder of the season and play our best.

Even if Schuler and Brekke return, I'm not sure they're in the kind of game shape where they can be on the floor more than 20 minutes a game. At least right now. Being out for an extended period of time, it doesn't take very long for players to get out of shape. And if reports are correct that Schuler was out due to back problems, I doubt that he was even able to get on a stationary bike during that time. I just hope at least in the short term, he can come back and give us a few minutes here and there. I think sticking him on the court as a starter and asking for 25 plus minutes might be too much of an ask, at least this week. But I hope you are right and they are back this week.

Even if Schuler and Brekke return, I'm not sure they're in the kind of game shape where they can be on the floor more than 20 minutes a game. At least right now. Being out for an extended period of time, it doesn't take very long for players to get out of shape. And if reports are correct that Schuler was out due to back problems, I doubt that he was even able to get on a stationary bike during that time. I just hope at least in the short term, he can come back and give us a few minutes here and there. I think sticking him on the court as a starter and asking for 25 plus minutes might be too much of an ask, at least this week. But I hope you are right and they are back this week.

I agree with that. If they can both play this week for 15-20 minutes that would be huge and then they would have another full week to get into shape for the final home game. By that time I would then say go with Brekke, Schuler, Huff, Anderson and Webb for the conference tournament games as starters. This is the time of the year that these players and this team have done their best work and its a very good possiblity with them all back that they can do it again. I believe. Go Sioux