SiouxSports.com Forum

More game-worn jerseys

sprig

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if we will wear the black jerseys again this year after what happend this past weekend?

Which is the alternate jersey, the black or green? I remember one of these colors was used for special occaisions or games and I thought it was green.

Perhaps it might increase the value of the black ones since they will be used at a rarity the rest of the year. I guess it could also work the other way too, nobody will want them if they are bad luck.

Disappointing that so few individuals bought so many. $5,725 for seventeen jerseys! Must have purchased as investment rather than an average fan looking to own a piece of Sioux hockey history.

Hopefully we will get another chance down the road and that these guys will be stuck with their purchases in ending inventory!

If they show up on e-bay, I'll be ***** if I will place a bid!

It is too bad that the majority of the jerseys were distributed to only a few different people.

Hopefully next year, if they do it again, they will allow people to only bid on one jersey so the high rollers don't take them all.

I am a little upset, but hey at least I saved a lot of money. ???

I'll just have to settle for wearing my cheap knock off for a few more years. :silly:

Couldn't you go to Gemini and see if they could make you one or if they have any laying around? I guess they don't make the jersey anymore, but you might be able to get one from them. If you do that, pick me one up too. :silly:

A month or two ago I contacted Chris Peterson at Gemini Athletics to see if they had any of the older style jersey available. He checked and they did not.

I asked if they could still make them, he said they could but would need to have an order of a dozen or so.

A month or two ago I contacted Chris Peterson at Gemini Athletics to see if they had any of the older style jersey available. He checked and they did not.

I asked if they could still make them, he said they could but would need to have an order of a dozen or so.

When you say "older style", exactly which one are you considering? I don't need another jersey but if it was the old Blackhawk I might not be able to pass it up.

I have to agree that this process pretty much leaves a bad taste in my mouth....not that there was anything wrong done. It is just that the regular fan likes to have some memorbilia including game worn jerseys while at the same time help funding the program. It seemed last year that a lot of family also bought them. At those prices, most fans can't afford them or are not willing to. If these couple of guys are just fans, well then good for then...they will have quite the collection in the den, otherwise if they are trying to resell at a later date, I hope they get smoked. :silly: