10. Brandt/Bina

1-3 because of WJC

4 because of leading scorer and HB candidate

5 Home product and Captain

6 Smaby was a WJC alternate and Greene has name recognition

8 Recent good play and his generally having a good year

9 Same as 8

10 General interest and hometown crowd.

How do you know you're not bidding on the stuff they want? :ohmy:;)

I may very well be, but I'm more important. That means I deserve first crack at whatever I want. :p

I wish they'd do a raffle too. Obviously they don't need to raffle off the Parise and Bochenski, but Fuhrer, Bina, Hale, etc. would be good.

How much are the green geometric sioux jerseys that say DIGGLER on the back going for?!?! Now those bids would be out of my price range. :ohmy: Hey diggs are you going to come down for a gopher game or the final five? It would be great to see you again. Remember Polson? I see him all the time at Wild and Twins games. Have fun tonight, go SIOUX!!!

My sincerest apologies for my egregious overstepping of your domain.

By your lead, Your Grace and Eminence.

:ohmy::sad:;)

Does anyone know how this process is really supposed to work? I placed a bid on a jersey for $300 late last week. I then received an e-mail a couple of days later which said my bid had been met or exceeded by another bidder. When I logged onto the bidding site to see what the new high bid was I noticed the standing bid was exactly what I had also bid. What gives? I take it this bidding is not going to function in a similar fashion as on Ebay? I'm curious how a competing bid for the same exact amount is categorized as being out bid.

I would guess that someone else beat you to the puch with the $300 bid. If it is run like last year, the guy has to update the web site manually (this isn't like eBay) from emails he receives so there will be a dealy between when you bid and when it shows up on the web site.

I would guess that someone else beat you to the puch with the $300 bid. If it is run like last year, the guy has to update the web site manually (this isn't like eBay) from emails he receives so there will be a dealy between when you bid and when it shows up on the web site.

Ok gotcha...Thought the folks up there would have been a little more on the cutting edge of technology. Manual updates says it all. Ok then...Only one way to get around that...Bid high initially and distance yourself from the pack.

Speaking of marketing Sioux products. I was bumming around the Factory Outlet Mall in Loveland, Colorado yesterday. Out of boredom, I went into the Sportsfan sportswear shop to look at all the NHL jerseys and lo and behold there were a big old rack of College hockey jerseys and hats.

Anyway, I looked through the pile of jerseys; Michigan, Minnesota, Denver, Boston U, Michigan State, Harvard, U Conn, etc, etc, etc. They even had Colorado State and Wyoming. (although club, it makes sense here) Of course I let the sales rep know what I thought..."Where the hell are the University of North Dakota Jerseys!?!?! Anytime I EVER go to one of these stores you never have the jersey of one of the best college hockey programs in the USA. And they are ranked #1, AGAIN!"

The poor guy, he got quiet and said, "well, we have five of the Sioux jerseys, but they sold out right away, we only sold a couple of the others...." :glare: Then he pulled out a bitchin' Sioux logo hat, which I was kind of forced to buy (well, that's what I had to say to myself).

I was pleasantly surprised to see that hat and hear about those jerseys. This sales rep said he sold three of them himself, and they were all to kids who thought the jerseys were extremely cool and thes kids had no ties to North Dakota. :lol: They were Zephyr hat's and Jerseys. That company is located about 2 miles from this mall.

I did tell him they should order more Sioux jerseys! I was wondering if anyone on this board who lives far away from Nodak has had the same kind of experience?

There was a thread on USCHO a year or two ago about which college hockey teams have the coolest jerseys/sweaters. As I recall, the Fighting Sioux jersey was a heavy favorite among non-Sioux fans.

One guy went so far as to call it a "chick magnet." He said every time he wore his Sioux jersey in public, women would ask him where he got it. Of course, for all I know, this person might have looked like Jon Durno of Canisius and been a natural chick magnet in his own right. :glare:

Of course, for all I know, this person might have looked like Jon Durno of Canisius and been a natural chick magnet in his own right.  :glare:

No one can be the natural chick magnet that Durno was. He was like James Dean, Sean Connery and Brad Pitt all wrapped into one. When he breathes, the girls swoon. :lol: