SiouxSports.com Forum

NHL 2013

jodcon

There are tons of players in the league that are great at drawing penalties....Crosby just happens to be the best player in the league and he is great at drawing penalties. I mean, he learned from the best....Lemieux was one of the best players in the league at drawing penalties during his time.

The greats have always been good at drawing penalties simply because they're tough to defend. I was mainly responding to Dave's argument that guys who whine about other players diving need to just keep quiet and play the game. The same should be said for guys that tend to embellish and complain about not getting calls.

Suck it up and play regardless if you feel a guy is diving or if you feel a ref didn't make a call he should have.

The greats have always been good at drawing penalties simply because they're tough to defend. I was mainly responding to Dave's argument that guys who whine about other players diving need to just keep quiet and play the game. The same should be said for guys that tend to embellish and complain about not getting calls.

Suck it up and play regardless if you feel a guy is diving or if you feel a ref didn't make a call he should have.

I agree with that....there will always be players trying to draw penalties as long as there is hockey. Complaining too much for "no calls" shows little class. I like Crosby a lot (so do tons of his fellow Canadians....Toews, Bergeron, Staals, etc) however to say Crosby doesn't ever complain is a lie. He'll whine a little to the refs. However if you ask any player in the league if they would like to play with Crosby...they would say yes without having to think about it. That would inlcude the same players I just mentioned.

I agree with that....there will always be players trying to draw penalties as long as there is hockey. Complaining too much for "no calls" shows little class. I like Crosby a lot (so do tons of his fellow Canadians....Toews, Bergeron, Staals, etc) however to say Crosby doesn't ever complain is a lie. He'll whine a little to the refs. However if you ask any player in the league if they would like to play with Crosby...they would say yes without having to think about it. That would inlcude the same players I just mentioned.

Lots of NBA players would love to play with Dwayne Wade and Lebron James, too...but they're still whiny floppers.

Lots of NBA players would love to play with Dwayne Wade and Lebron James, too...but they're still whiny floppers.

Yup, agreed. I just think there is some bias to this witch hunt. In my time here on this forum I have caught on that there is a certain group of Bruin fans, Redwing fans, etc. Not too many Penguins fans other than Dave. I am a Blackhawks fan but I do enjoy watching the Penguins play...their PP is ridiculous. That being said, it is easy to point out certain (minor) flaws in a player that plays for a team you don't like....especially the best player on planet Earth. I don't mind the Bruins, they play a great D game and have one of my other favorite players (Bergeron) however they can get dirty at times. That is ok too as there will always be dirty teams (there always has been). When it comes playoff time you do what you have to do to win....I can understand that completely. That's why I don't have a huge knock on the Bruins....every team has their strengths.

• Upvote 1

I would think that Slew-Foot Sid, as the greatest player in the world, would be a little more stable on his skates. That was the one thing you always noticed about Zach Parise when he was at UND...he would fight and try skate through every clutch and grab by opposing teams...they literally had to tackle him (and they did-Mankato) to slow him down.

I would argue that Toews is the best big-game player in the world right now. evidence is 2 cups and Crosby's pathetic and embarrassing performance in last years playoff vs the Bruins. I'm not just talking about performance either, Sidney came unglued and really acted like an ass.

• Upvote 1

I would argue that Toews is the best big-game player in the world right now. evidence is 2 cups and Crosby's pathetic and embarrassing performance in last years playoff vs the Bruins. I'm not just talking about performance either, Sidney came unglued and really acted like an ass.

Watching the Penguins get taken down by the Bruins was awesome.

It would be hard to find anyone to argue against you regarding Toews. Pertaining to your Crosby comment, the Bruins are a good team and they pretty much mimicked Philly's plan for Crosby....get under his skin. So far it is proven that Crosby can get rattled in the playoffs and once you get under his skin he has a hard time calming himself down. I think that is his one and only weakness to this point in his career. All the other negative stuff you guys mention are pretty minor in my book....if he wasn't so good you guys wouldn't even care.

It isn't diving until an embellishment penalty is called. Drawing penalties is okay, accusing somebody of diving when no embellishment penalty was called is not okay.

Wow! I actually believe that you're just trying to argue just for the sake of argument, because you get a rise out of it.

It isn't diving until an embellishment penalty is called. Drawing penalties is okay, accusing somebody of diving when no embellishment penalty was called is not okay.

So basically, if the referee doesn't call it, it didn't happen. Yeah, now I get it...:)

Why do I get the impression that if every Penguins player celebrated scoring a goal by tossing a baby kitten in the air and swatting it with his hockey stick, you'd still find a way to defend their antics?

Why do I get the impression that if every Penguins player celebrated scoring a goal by tossing a baby kitten in the air and swatting it with his hockey stick, you'd still find a way to defend their antics?

Question: Are the Penguins playing the Florida Panthers in this scenario?

I can't believe Martin St Louis' hissy-fit with Steve Yzerman regarding his supposed "snub" over not being picked for Canada's Olympic team. That Steve Yzerman guy knows a thing or two about hockey - enjoy your stay in New York.

I can't believe Martin St Louis' hissy-fit with Steve Yzerman regarding his supposed "snub" over not being picked for Canada's Olympic team. That Steve Yzerman guy knows a thing or two about hockey - enjoy your stay in New York.

He shouldn't have been left off the team to begin with...and the fact that your own GM doesn't have your back is pretty nuts to me. I have always respected Marty....such a great player.

He shouldn't have been left off the team to begin with...and the fact that your own GM doesn't have your back is pretty nuts to me. I have always respected Marty....such a great player.

Lots of good players were left off of the Canadian team...and if the GM of Team Canada was worried about offending anyone on his Tampa Bay team, I guess Stevie Y should have sent every Canadian on his Lightning squad over to Sochi, eh?

Lots of good players were left off of the Canadian team...and if the GM of Team Canada was worried about offending anyone on his Tampa Bay team, I guess Stevie Y should have sent every Canadian on his Lightning squad over to Sochi, eh?

Art Ross last year, super good stats this year, great skating ability on the big ice....no big deal, you're probably right :)

Art Ross last year, super good stats this year, great skating ability on the big ice....no big deal, you're probably right :)

7 minutes per game average in Sochi...1 DNP. Yzerman wasn't the coach too.

I'm a big fan of Martin St Louis...I think Yzerman perhaps wanted to avoid the perception of picking favorites. This could have all been solved if Chris Kunitz had been left at home.

Big night of hockey! Bruins take down the Caps 3-0...watched a bit of the Mn high school tourney as well...also got to watch the Sharks really take it to the Pens the last two periods and win the game 5-3.

• Upvote 1

Haha, your comeback arguments are so bad. :)

The link you provided is dated Feb. 15th, before the olympics were completed. AFTER Team Canada won the gold medal it is time to accept the fact that they could not possibly have finished any better with anybody else in place of Kunitz or anybody else in place of any other player on that roster.

The link I included was provided to show you that before and during the Olympics, Canadian media was questioning the inclusion of Kunitz on the team. Let's be honest...Canada would have won gold with Roberto Luongo sitting back home on his couch and Wilbur suited up as the third goalie.

Arguments here have questioned why St Louis was left off the team in the first place. I put Kunitz on the chopping block for reasons similar to those being offered by plenty of Canadian hockey folks. I'm actually giving Yzerman credit for having the guts to not pick his own player over someone who he thought was a better fit for the Olympics - but you've conveniently ignored that. Yzerman made a difficult decision - and it unfortunately cost him his team captain.

BTW...Kunitz...6 games, 8 shots, 1 goal.