SiouxSports.com Forum

Gun Control

Fetch

& I'm more of a Repub & Libertarian but I like her

actually I'm not liking Repubs or Dems much & Libertarians are kinda out there & a waste of a vote - so my intentions are not to bring up party politics but just common sense ideas & get things done

Can you imagine if party politics were banned & everyone just sent their brightest best to do the right things ?

I think assault rifles should be banned. No one needs weapons like the military. You can hunt with a rifle, you can protect yourself with a pistol so ban the rest.

Define an assault rifle. What' the difference between an AR-15 and a .223 semi-auto?

I think assault rifles should be banned. No one needs weapons like the military. You can hunt with a rifle, you can protect yourself with a pistol so ban the rest.

You would advocate banning assault rifles to what end? Prevention of Aurora or Sandy Hook? Wouldn't have made a bit of difference.

People who commit these horrendous crimes are clearly not interested in what is legal. Had assault weapons been banned at the time of these events, the criminal would have obtained a weapon illegally or simply chose another weapon to cause destruction and loss of life.

The WHY needs to be addressed, not the HOW.