SiouxSports.com Forum

Goon, comment on the mn goal!!

Emerald joker

Ok to me it looks like the BC goalie was not moving and bjugstad pushed him in with his momentum or am I wrong on that, if not how can shepard say that? Its just gonna make people out right believe he babies the goofers, I'm seriously not trying to sound like a homer, if the goalie went in on his own momentum I'm fine with that

That's not point, it's the principal. Its irritates me cuz to me it's saying Greg Sh*tbreath is going to see what he wants to see. I know the score was 8 to 1 but what if minni was playing a wcha team and that goal decided who was going to the final 5 or who won the final 5, he would've just given it to the goofers. it irritates me cuz it doesnt seem like the rule even mattered its what he wanted to see. I'm just getting sick of that stuff happening and people looking the other way saying it is what it is!

That's not point, it's the principal. Its irritates me cuz to me it's saying Greg Sh*tbreath is going to see what he wants to see. I know the score was 8 to 1 but what if minni was playing a wcha team and that goal decided who was going to the final 5 or who won the final 5, he would've just given it to the goofers. it irritates me cuz it doesnt seem like the rule even mattered its what he wanted to see. I'm just getting sick of that stuff happening and people looking the other way saying it is what it is!

Lets get one thing straight....shepards and formerly campion are actually hard core gopher fans. This is truth.

Ok to me it looks like the BC goalie was not moving and bjugstad pushed him in with his momentum or am I wrong on that, if not how can shepard say that? Its just gonna make people out right believe he babies the goofers, I'm seriously not trying to sound like a homer, if the goalie went in on his own momentum I'm fine with that

I think it was the wrong call, I talked about it here and here. Like I and others have said, it would have been 7-1 if they didn't count this goal.

I think it was the wrong call, I talked about it here and here. Like I and others have said, it would have been 7-1 if they didn't count this goal.

Probably shouldn't have counted but I'm not sure Millner ever had control of the puck either. Like you said, probably didnt effect the outcome of the game much.

My opinion: The goal likely shouldn't have counted, but hey - they called it a goal on the ice, and so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that they didn't see anything that by-the-books would overturn that. I personally don't buy into the conspiracy's that the goal counted because the refs personally wanted it to count - if anything, they just made the wrong call (not THAT surprising, really).

I do disagree on one thing though - the impact of that goal. I watched the game and if you look at the bench when that goal was counted and the way the Gophers played after, I think it's 50/50 on whether it A) made no difference at all or B) completely changed the complexion of the game. BC didn't get drastically outplayed, especially up to that point - it was anyone's game. Had that not counted, the Gophers feel crushed instead of elated, who knows - BC might pop in the next goal and rewrite history.

Had it been the 8th goal -- sure, no big deal, the rout was already on. But the mental importance to both teams of the Gophers getting that lead, at home, getting the crowd into it, etc. can't be understated in my book. One of the reasons that BC wins so many close and come-from-behind games, in my mind, is because every other team and fanbase out there KNOWS they can and have a healthy dose of respect/fear. That kind of reputation helps them, and I don't think it was until the goals started coming that everyone started buying into the fact that BC could actually lose. Maybe the Gophers win either way -- but then again, maybe they don't.

• Upvote 1

Let's be honest. Any goal scored against Boston College is a good goal. It could have been shot out of a Abrams M1 during intermission and I would still call it a goal. Weeks or even months after the game, a puck errantly dropped by Felix Baumgartner that manages to crash through the ceiling of any building in North American which happens to resemble a sports venue would still be counted a goal against BC by my rule book.

In fact, there have been no less than 7 additional goals scored against BC since I started typing this reply. And, I'm counting every damn one of them.

taz

I'm not trying to start an argument and I know the game is over and done with but I'm curious what wouldv happened or said if that was the winning goal between the goofs and the Sioux at the final 5

That is an interesting scenario... I know @BruceCiskie didn't like the goal, and twitter blew up for a while this afternoon.