SiouxSports.com Forum

Student attendance thoughts and How to Fix it

SWSiouxMN

a winner at D2 & so so at best D1 - Hope it changes - getting lucky on some good players would help - but unlike players ndsu has been bringing in some who turn out to be more trouble to the community hurts - even winning is not that great if no one respects some players - get regional athletes who were not coached or trained so good & bring them up to speed

GF just isn't a FB town - I love FB but have only been to a couple UND games in 40 yrs - I was a hard core hunter - but when they had winning teams we would listen on the radio - Seems u don't know any of the players or anything about them makes it hard to be a fan

a winner at D2 & so so at best D1 - Hope it changes - getting lucky on some good players would help - but unlike players ndsu has been bringing in some who turn out to be more trouble to the community hurts - even winning is not that great if no one respects some players - get regional athletes who were not coached or trained so good & bring them up to speed

GF just isn't a FB town - I love FB but have only been to a couple UND games in 40 yrs - I was a hard core hunter - but when they had winning teams we would listen on the radio - Seems u don't know any of the players or anything about them makes it hard to be a fan

D2 is dead. We will be very good in football in time. Basketball, who knows. Hockey will sustain itself. The future in D1 is very bright.

Football is the #1 sport in America. There are plenty of football fans in the GF area to pack the Alerus and even a much larger stadium. The team must re-establish itself first.

I used to use the hunting excuse when games were at 1 PM but the earliest they will be is 2:30...that extra hour and a half makes a world of difference.

You should get out to a game...they were really fun to watch last year (on offense).

I mainly waterfowl hunted the entire Devils Lake Region & went west for upland a few times a yr & deer hunted - used to average 10,000 miles a yr in a Suburban (Sept. thru November) until I got a lake place at Devils Lake 4 am to dark was normal both Sat. & Sunday & around 3 weeks vacation - getting older & losing hunting buds & the price of gas has changed all that - so now I could become more of a FB fan - if I got back in time I went to Fighting Sioux Hockey games - season tickets for 30 yrs

I mainly waterfowl hunted the entire Devils Lake Region & went west for upland a few times a yr & deer hunted - used to average 10,000 miles a yr in a Suburban (Sept. thru November) until I got a lake place at Devils Lake 4 am to dark was normal both Sat. & Sunday & around 3 weeks vacation - getting older & losing hunting buds & the price of gas has changed all that - so now I could become more of a FB fan - if I got back in time I went to Fighting Sioux Hockey games - season tickets for 30 yrs

Devils Lake is where I grew up and I still hunt there with my family every year. This is why I contend that 1 PM games are a tough sell for this part of the country because of our other pastimes (hunting).

I also contend that when games are 2:30 or later you can do it all in one day. I hope you make it to a game this year!