SiouxSports.com Forum

Hockey Suspensions

watchmaker49

Should players be suspended for a game, or more, whenever charged with anything?

I vote yes.

Yes, except when it's fraud charges, because those aren't even serious. :hypocrite:

But in all seriousness, suspensions when charged with ANYTHING?? No, a player should not be suspended for a simple traffic violation (speeding, running a red (yellowish-red) light, etc).

• Upvote 1

Yes, except when it's fraud charges, because those aren't even serious. :hypocrite:

But in all seriousness, suspensions when charged with ANYTHING?? No, a player should not be suspended for a simple traffic violation (speeding, running a red (yellowish-red) light, etc).

Good point we found out that a B misdemeanor is worthy of more suspension time than a A misdemeanor... Only in the world of NDSU football.

Thanks for seeing my oversight.

Good point we found out that a B misdemeanor is worthy of more suspension time than a A misdemeanor... Only in the world of NDSU football.

Up to the AD. The UND guys were irresonsible for leaving teammates out to dry. If it was hazing(forcing them to get tanked), then I think suspensions are in order considering that is leaving guys out to dry and possibly put them in bad health(alcohol poisoning, death, etc.) The whole thing seems rather "college-ish" where guys aren't thinking ahead and that happens. I won't judge them for it, I've had my fun hazing freshmen I know(getting them pretty drunk) but I've always taken care of them. Seems like these guys didn't do that but I don't know all the details and I won't lose any sleep over it. I'm sure if they could go back and in this scenario could get away with it they'd probably either not get them so drunk or would take care of them. Hopefully they learn not so much from the suspension but that leaving young kids alone in their dorm that drunk is always a very big risk.

It'll happen again(because college kids drink and stuff) but hopefully next time they assign an underclassmen(perhaps a captain to set a good example) to stay sober and keep an eye on them throughout the night. When it comes to drinking, it is always nice to have someone sober there to keep things from getting out of control.

Now the NDSU thing, I think all of them should be suspended for a game at least, but it isn't my call and I'm not going to waste my time freaking out about it cause no matter what I do, it won't change anything.

Hope I don't get called a troll for this because this is just an honest opinion.

Up to the AD. The UND guys were irresonsible for leaving teammates out to dry. If it was hazing(forcing them to get tanked), then I think suspensions are in order considering that is leaving guys out to dry and possibly put them in bad health(alcohol poisoning, death, etc.) The whole thing seems rather "college-ish" where guys aren't thinking ahead and that happens. I won't judge them for it, I've had my fun hazing freshmen I know(getting them pretty drunk) but I've always taken care of them. Seems like these guys didn't do that but I don't know all the details and I won't lose any sleep over it. I'm sure if they could go back and in this scenario could get away with it they'd probably either not get them so drunk or would take care of them. Hopefully they learn not so much from the suspension but that leaving young kids alone in their dorm that drunk is always a very big risk.

It'll happen again(because college kids drink and stuff) but hopefully next time they assign an underclassmen(perhaps a captain to set a good example) to stay sober and keep an eye on them throughout the night. When it comes to drinking, it is always nice to have someone sober there to keep things from getting out of control.

Now the NDSU thing, I think all of them should be suspended for a game at least, but it isn't my call and I'm not going to waste my time freaking out about it cause no matter what I do, it won't change anything.

Hope I don't get called a troll for this because this is just an honest opinion.

One of your most reasonable posts..... ever.