SiouxSports.com Forum

Bronze Boot closes

UND92,96

I have also heard that they will reopen once they have fixed their roof issues.

I remember the first time I ate at the Bronze Boot. My grandfather, rest his soul, took me out for some shrimp. He kept telling me this is a special kind of shrimp. I remember trying these special shrimp and think my how elastic they were. My grandfather on the way home told me those special shrimp have another name. Rocky Mountain Oysters.. I have never had that special shrimp again. :)

I have also heard that they will reopen once they have fixed their roof issues.

I remember the first time I ate at the Bronze Boot. My grandfather, rest his soul, took me out for some shrimp. He kept telling me this is a special kind of shrimp. I remember trying these special shrimp and think my how elastic they were. My grandfather on the way home told me those special shrimp have another name. Rocky Mountain Oysters.. I have never had that special shrimp again. :)

Love those special shrimp. :)

I hope it does re-open, but this Herald article makes it sound like nobody wanted to comment--why so secretive if it is just an issue with a leaky roof?: http://www.grandfork...icle/id/236146/

Having a health department issue is not good PR for a restaurant so maybe they are just trying to avoid it. Or maybe they don't have a definite plan yet. Small businesses don't have PR departments so a lot of them just stay quiet if they can rather than deal with an issue.

Having a health department issue is not good PR for a restaurant so maybe they are just trying to avoid it. Or maybe they don't have a definite plan yet. Small businesses don't have PR departments so a lot of them just stay quiet if they can rather than deal with an issue.

I just think hanging up on a Herald reporter and flat out refusing to talk simply breeds speculation as to what's going on, thereby creating PR which is at least as bad, if not worse than any alleged health department issues (which may or may not even be factual--at this point we don't know). If there are, in fact plans to re-open, it seems reasonable to simply say to the media: "repairs/renovations are being made, and we expect to re-open in X weeks." The way it was handled suggests they have something to hide, and/or they're permanently closed.

EDIT: A more detailed Herald article has now been posted, confirming the health department issues due to a leaky roof: http://www.grandfork...icle/id/236146/

I just think hanging up on a Herald reporter and flat out refusing to talk simply breeds speculation as to what's going on, thereby creating PR which is at least as bad, if not worse than any alleged health department issues (which may or may not even be factual--at this point we don't know). If there are, in fact plans to re-open, it seems reasonable to simply say to the media: "repairs/renovations are being made, and we expect to re-open in X weeks." The way it was handled suggests they have something to hide, and/or they're permanently closed.

EDIT: A more detailed Herald article has now been posted, confirming the health department issues due to a leaky roof: http://www.grandfork...icle/id/236146/

I agree that it's not the best way to handle the situation. But most small business people don't have a lot of experience working with the press and don't have plans to handle tough situations. They normally aren't ready to handle something that could be bad PR. And their employees probably have even less experience. So mistakes get made and sometimes things get made worse than they could have or should have. Depending on what happens next, this may be a good learning tool for other small businesses.

I would guess that the flat roof has been leaking for a long time and has to be totally replaced beams included. Summ er is a good time to do something like this but can the cost be justified? Small family run places like this don't have a lot of reserve funds to cover theses costs. Then has the business been profitable enough to justify the expense. I have a feeling that it is over once the beer guys show up since they had to pay cash for that beer. I would say the liqour guys have been there already getting what they can since they have 30 days billing on liqour.