SiouxSports.com Forum

San Diego State game

siouxfb4

In a wayI hope they do drop us. That will show the people that their are reprocutions of keeping the name. More and more teams will refuse to play us if we contiue to keep the name. It would hopefully be yet one more concrete example of how people should vote in June. It would not be speculaton or scare tactics. This is real.

What no faith in your team?

I think he was giving the perspective of the ignorant FBS view point. I think we have a really good chance of winning and am actually expecting it. The team looks lightyears ahead of last years team on offense and the D is more athletic especially at linebacker.

I have been pulling for an FBS win the last couples of seasons, but to no prevail. The Fresno St. and Northern Illinois games were close but I guess that isn’t good enough. Really hoping we can get that signature, program-changing FBS win this season against SDSU. As for the nickname issue, it’s just another reason to get rid of it. This spring, the term 'bittersweet' could not describe my emotions any better. Entering the Big Sky*, new unis and turf, great talent IMO, rejuvenated media attention, playoff eligibility; it’s a great spring due to those aspects. However, if the nickname issue persists it pushes all of those accomplishments and pieces to the side. That’s the unfortunate part that just plain sucks.

*YOU KNOW

• Upvote 2

I think he was giving the perspective of the ignorant FBS view point. I think we have a really good chance of winning and am actually expecting it. The team looks lightyears ahead of last years team on offense and the D is more athletic especially at linebacker.

You are correct I was stating what was on the minds of an Aztec player or coach. They don't care about our nickname situation. As for faith in this team....anything can happen. I would not be shocked if we lose, but would be estatic if we win.