SiouxSports.com Forum

UMD

Smoggy

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

THE BULLDOGS ARE GOING TO GET A LITTLE TOUGH LOVE. LAST YEAR IS OVER. THE SIOUX ARE GOING TO KICK YOUR ASS!!!!!!

Well, I haven't had 5 whiskey on the rocks, but I happen to agree about tomorrow night. Blais was not at all happy with tonight's game, despite the win.

I say UND wins by 2 or 3 goals tomorrow, and that the game is more physical and even harder-fought.

P.S. Go Sioux football! We're all pulling for you tomorrow.

Wow, Campion had a bad game tonight. Normally he has been the best ref. Brandt was scored on by a 2 on 0, 2 on 1, and 1 on 0. The D clamped down and Parise didn't have to do too much, and struggled with rebounds. I think Brandt should play. Marvin needs to go, and Bina didn't do crap. Bring in Nick and Foyt. The Money Line scored on the PP, yet they were broken up for 5 on 5. Bring back the Money Line. The other option is to put Prpich on the line because he has the offensive ability, and he could also beat the crap out of people that mug Parise and don't get a penalty for it. Lundbohm said UMD only played 3 lines, so they should be tired tomorrow. The crowd was pretty sad tonight. The Psych Out Award goes to REA. They handed out little cards that I expected to complain about standing again, but it was just an attempt to get people to go to the basketball games. ;)

Isn't that basically Brandts first rough period of the year? From an outsiders view, Blais should play him again tomorrow. However, there just seems to be something about Brandt coach Blais doesn't like.

I think Blaiser was spoiled with Karl and now there's something with every goalie that he doesn't like. :lol:

I was a little surprised that Blais pulled Brandt. The first goal was a 2-0 and the second was, I believe, a 2-1. Lack of defenseice support was the reason for all 4 goals tonight. I think Reichmuth was definately off his game. That third goal looked to go 5-hole.

Not a great game tonight by the Sioux, and only a decent one by UMD. Campion didn't help matters. Surprisingly very inconsistant tonight. PK was pretty good, especially the last one and the 5-3. Saw Hanson (one of the AR's, he called the first penalty for the 5-3) and the Penalty Box (surporisingly :lol: ) out tonight at Sensations.

I think we'll see a better game tomorrow by the Sioux...obviously this was a "hangover" game from having last week basically off.

Sorry guys, wouldn't have been able to do a game recap for PCM tonight, I was too busy winning chuck-a-puck between periods. Sioux looked really flat, could definately tell they came off of a long break.

As for the goals against Brandt, looked like he commited too soon and took himself out of the play. Yeah 2-0 is tough but it wasn't even that great of a setup and finish. He was just leaning too far forward when he slid across the crease. He was laying sprawled out in the crease on the third goal. I do believe he tried to poke the puck away when lessard came out from the side of the net. Once that happened, lessard just went right around him. Pretty weak goal, wish we would of had a d-man out front.

However, there just seems to be something about Brandt coach Blais doesn't like.

Actually, if you look at the last few seasons Brandt is the one that Blais seems to favor. He's the only goalie from 2001-02 who is still around. Granted Kollar was a senior...there's no Sofie, Ranfranz isn't playing anymore, Siembida...the list goes on. He's coming into his own, and picking up his consistency. I'm pulling for him. :lol:

If you ask me, whoever Blais decides to go with sounds good to me. I think either one will have a good game tomorrow, and the team as a whole should be a little more intense.

I have had the pleasure of watching every game this season thanks to DataFlix. One thing stands out to me no matter where the game is played or who the ref is. Zach Parise gets mugged, raped, hacked, slashed, and generally violated damn near every time he is on the ice and NOBODY calls it. It's almost like there is a different set of rules for this kid.

I have had the pleasure of watching every game this season thanks to DataFlix. One thing stands out to me no matter where the game is played or who the ref is. Zach Parise gets mugged, raped, hacked, slashed, and generally violated damn near every time he is on the ice and NOBODY calls it. It's almost like there is a different set of rules for this kid.

Zach seems to be the ONLY "superstar" in the WCHA that needs to get hurt in order to draw a penalty. You don't see that with Vanek. You don't see that with Sterling. You don't see that with Hendricks. Maybe it is because half of the crowd stands up and screams at the ref each time Zach gets assaulted :lol: and the ref likes all the attention. Who knows? :lol: