SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs NDSU 2013??

darell1976

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/2012/03/27/just-a-theory/#comments

Now things really got complicated once UND was accepted into the Big Sky, meaning UND and Montana became conference rivals. Montana now is scheduled to play in Grand Forks in 2012, 2013 and 2014. The ’12 and ’14 games are conference games, the 2013 is non-conference. I cannot see Montana coming to Grand Forks three straight years. While it would be great for FCS fans in the state to watch a perennial powerhouse like Montana, to get the Grizz to travel anywhere is a feat, and if they don’t have to, I don’t believe they will.

He really thinks Montana will buyout the game just because we play them 3 times in a row in Grand Forks.

If you all have time...read the comments. About .1% want this game going, of course Lakes's comments are the best he goes by stop already, and und trollers.

What's Montana's buy-out number for the 2013 game?

If the buyout number is where it should be, Montana won't buy out the 2013 game because it wouldn't make economic sense.

I see it this way, look at the problems NDSU had scheduling...is it going to be easier in 2013?? I don't see Montana buying out this game either. You need 7 DI wins for the playoffs so if Montana beats us this year why wouldn't they want a W in 2013?

Way back in the day when Wayne Nelson used to post on his blog, he stated at the time of the announcement of the Sioux-Griz games that Montana's buyout was $100,000.

I'd say that under the right circumstances, UM could afford to pay that if they chose to, since any home game for them generates around $600,000 gross.

Depends on who they could get in to Missoula.

Way back in the day when Wayne Nelson used to post on his blog, he stated at the time of the announcement of the Sioux-Griz games that Montana's buyout was $100,000.

I'd say that under the right circumstances, UM could afford to pay that if they chose to, since any home game for them generates around $600,000 gross.

Depends on who they could get in to Missoula.

Right now the AD at Missoula has more problems than buying out the UND game.