SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA letter to South Dakota on transition....where is UND's?

darell1976

http://www.usdcoyotes.com/sports/news/release.asp?RELEASE_ID=6974

VERMILLION, S.D. - The University of South Dakota received notification today from the NCAA Division I Committee on Athletics Certification that the school has successfully completed the self-study process pursuant to NCAA requirements for Division I membership.

The NCAA establishes benchmarks for all programs to achieve throughout a university’s transition to Division I and in year four, that process included a self-study and site visit from a peer-review team, which was conducted at USD last September.

Where is UND in all of this? Is the NCAA waiting for the nickname issue to be over?

Sometime before Christmas the NCAA was on campus going through the study process with UND. It is a fairly lengthy process, as in days, not hours.

I am sure the NCAA doesn't send out all responses to all colleges on the exact same day.

The NCAA establishes benchmarks for all programs to achieve throughout a university’s transition to Division I and in year four, that process included a self-study and site visit from a peer-review team, which was conducted at USD last September.

Is this what the NCAA was doing at UND at Christmas? Or is that something different?

Well if you go to UND's page on the NCAA website right here half of our sports are DI, half are DII, our football team is an independent but our baseball and softball teams plays in the Great West FOOTBALL Conference, our women's basketball team plays in the University of North Dakota Conference, and our hockey teams play in the ECAC.

Wow.

Well if you go to UND's page on the NCAA website right here half of our sports are DI, half are DII, our football team is an independent but our baseball and softball teams plays in the Great West FOOTBALL Conference, our women's basketball team plays in the University of North Dakota Conference, and our hockey teams play in the ECAC.

Wow.

We have our own conference....would NDSU like to join the UND conference. :lol:, also I thought for swimming we were in the WAC? The Gophers are also in the ECAC. What 2 year old is running that NCAA website.

• 2 months later...