SiouxSports.com Forum

INCH on Fournier

sprig

Well, if your teammates are basically telling you to fish or cut bait and you decide to cut bait I suppose you could look at it either way. I'm only going on heresay so don't know any inside info on this but that's the way I heard it.

I think Blais comments about his former teammates wanting to play against him might be telling. I doubt they're upset because he left to play for someone else. My guess is there are other reasons.....

Did anyone else laugh out loud at Fournier's comment:

"They've got a really nice rink, but that's about it. "

Hello we have by far one of the greatest college hockey traditions in the country..

and you play for AA.

I found that quote par for the course.

I think he wanted to slam UND without directly insulting us. He's trying to show that he has intelligence, which is something he'll have to have because he won't have much of a future in the NHL. It is rare to find a player in the NHL under 5'8" on skates. There are a few, or were, but it is pretty rare statistically.

I think UAA is where he belongs. He'd be third or fourth line now at best anyways if he stayed on the Sioux.

Did anyone else laugh out loud at Fournier's comment:

"They've got a really nice rink, but that's about it. "

Hello we have by far one of the greatest college hockey traditions in the country..

and you play for AA.

7 NCAA Titles...soon to be 8!!! ;)

11 WCHA Titles...soon to be 12!! ;)

TRADITION!

Best Hockey Facility in the WORLD

College Hockey's best NHL Breeding ground

Fridays and Buck Pitchers at the DownUNDer :D

Red Pepper Grinders

Great Hockey Fans

Excellent Education

Yeah, not much in Grand Forks and UND........what a winnner! ;)

I think UAA is where he belongs. He'd be third or fourth line now at best anyways if he stayed on the Sioux.

I don't know if I agree with you. He showed flashes his freshman year. It's possible that if his head was on straight and he worked hard he'd be having more impact than you are giving him credit for. I at least think he'd be right up there with our better offensive players. Don't forget that this guy and Bochenski were linemates in the USHL. It would be my guess that they fed off each other. He wasn't named the National Junior Player of the Year for nothing.

I don't know if I agree with you. He showed flashes his freshman year. It's possible that if his head was on straight and he worked hard he'd be having more impact than you are giving him credit for. I at least think he'd be right up there with our better offensive players. Don't forget that this guy and Bochenski were linemates in the USHL. It would be my guess that they fed off each other. He wasn't named the National Junior Player of the Year for nothing.

I hate to say this, but I agree with redwing, he sucked. He was a total waste of hype. Maybe he could be at second till for McDonalds, but he would be a third liner at best.

I found that quote par for the course.

I think he wanted to slam UND without directly insulting us. He's trying to show that he has intelligence, which is something he'll have to have because he won't have much of a future in the NHL. It is rare to find a player in the NHL under 5'8" on skates. There are a few, or were, but it is pretty rare statistically.

He would have been sitting in the stands.

Here's what I heard, first hand, from one of his former Sioux teammates: " He told me that he led the USHL in scoring and was National Junior Player of the Year and he didn't work out in the off-season before that. He said he didn't see why he should do anything any differently here in Grand Forks." In other words, while his teammates were sweating and working out to get stronger, he was goofing off, apparently not even joining in the summer skate scrimmages during the summer camp. I was not surprised that this guy didn't last very long in GF. It should be an interesting reunion when the boys in green and white meet him on the ice!