SiouxSports.com Forum

38 and ice pellets

SiouxperDave

Did it rain there in 2001?

I heard Coach Schweigert on the radio last night and he said that in 2001, it really poured the night before the game, and it rained some during the game but not too much. The field is supposed to have very good drainage and is able to withstand quite a bit of rain so hopefully it won't be in too bad of shape on Saturday.

Did it rain there in 2001?

Yeah, there was a sready dirzzle coming down for almost the entire game. It made for an interesting drive homw after the game, a bunch of soaked guys smelling like wet dogs. Hopefully this won't be the case this year. However, rain may be to our advantage.

I usually depend on weather.com when I am traveling but the local guys have been saying all night that it will be rain until late afternoon and then turing to sleet/snow. They are usually wrongand that is why I trust weather.com more.

It is going to be interesting with the game starting at 3:00 instead of noon like the past several years.

It is going to be interesting with the game starting at 3:00 instead of noon like the past several years.

So, it just occurred to me that a 3:00 game would be played about half in the dark; the temperature could drop precipitously after dark. I don't think I've been to an outdoor football game "under the lights" since high school ;)

I guess ESPN wanted to go straight from the game to the Heisman but this is the first time I can remember it being played this late. It will get dark around 4:45 and completely dark by 5:30. Does sound like a high school game?

Too bad the game is not today. It is gorgeous in Alabama today.

The players had a great time last night at the BBQ party and one lineman fell in love with Miss Alabama. I can not remember his name but he tried really hard to stand next to her during the team photo.

Last years game started at 3:00 pm as well. It was a beautiful day but did get a little nippy after the sun went down. I was on the Laker (sunny) side. Today's game will be raw but at least it appears no rain will fall during the game. Things are clearing out just to the west of us. A great day for football!!

Last years game started at 3:00 pm as well. It was a beautiful day but did get a little nippy after the sun went down. I was on the Laker (sunny) side. Today's game will be raw but at least it appears no rain will fall during the game. Things are clearing out just to the west of us. A great day for football!!

Kickoff last year was at 12:45 according to the TV coordinator official. I just called him at the stadium and he said that this is the latest start in years.

On another note the rain has slowed down at the stadium.

Kickoff last year was at 12:45 according to the TV coordinator official. I just called him at the stadium and he said that this is the latest start in years.

On another note the rain has slowed down at the stadium.

You know what? You're right. It was an earlier start than I thought - I just checked with the highest of authorities -- my wife - who is ALWAYS right! It was dark when we left the game - but this time of year that's normal. (I'm old, I get confused easily!)I can remember some games in past years started as early as 11 a.m.

Well, the rain has stopped in Florence, although I see a few blothes on the radar to the west. I'm headed out the door on the way to the game.

Go Sioux!!