SiouxSports.com Forum

Sat Night vs Minnesota

WiSioux

Stay classy Blood.

Good series and then typical ND B.S. We won't miss you in the B1G 10.

give me a freaking break! Gopher fans know NOTHING about class! You have an Ambroz and a Helgeson on your team.

It's not our fault your team is full of pansy little girls that I could beat around like a rag doll.

The past few years, no argument from me. This year, we're tougher.......but I don't think it's too much too ask to shake hands and act like an adult. Blood is a moron.

It's a re-occuring them with the No-Names - "We're so tough" - whatever - we'll take a split on the road.

I agree with you, shake hands at the end of the game. But do you really think a civil hand shake can be held after a player skates off the bench and blatantly slashes one of the captains of the other team, and then hides behind his teammates laughing?

Wait aren't the Sioux supposed to be the dirty team? Certainly didn't look that way out there Minny throws 3 or 4 checks from behind. Jake Hansen is a little pansie jump off the bench slash Blood from behind then run away and hide...typical gopher. Sioux got a needed split and need to come with intensity and ready to play 60 minutes or more each night and get 4 points out of St. Cloud.

That would have been Jake Hansen. Who then proceeded to hide behind his entire team. :lol:

Prpich, Radke, Finley, Malone, Kaip --->>> Pattyn, Blood, Lammy (who looks like a gnome) - they're all the same.....you say "tough" - I say goon......

give me a freaking break! Gopher fans know NOTHING about class! You have an Ambroz and a Helgeson on your team.

It's not our fault your team is full of pansy little girls that I could beat around like a rag doll.

YOU could beat like a rag doll? Strap on some skates Sparky! My guess is you'd last about 1.2 seconds.

Prpich, Radke, Finley, Malone, Kaip --->>> Pattyn, Blood, Lammy (who looks like a gnome) - they're all the same.....you say "tough" - I say goon......

Hey, call them goons, but at least they'll stand up to someone instead of hiding behind their entire team. I'd rather have a goon, then a chicken !@#$ who pulls something then hides.

So basically your team got destroyed tonight by a bunch of pansy little girls. Things are looking up in Grand Forks.

Hey, call them goons, but at least they'll stand up to someone instead of hiding behind their entire team. I'd rather have a goon, then a chicken !@#$ who pulls something then hides.

So if Ambroz throws a punch at Grimaldi or Kristo in the handshake line thats good old time hockey right?

Four checks from behind this weekend and one called. Don't like those odds. Also, ODonnell was injured based on the gopher player tackling him when he was off balance. Hennessey and Olson saying refs needed to keep Ambroz and Blood from the handshake, but I would think that the coaches could have used a little foresight there as well. I don't think these teams will play very often in Non-conference simply because I think Lucia will work towards that end. I think most of the fans love the rivalry, but Lucia does not and he will come up with excuses not to continue it. The fact that they have an agreement for the next four years with Notre Dame, where he is an alumni, will be one of the excuses. Why pigeonhole yourself to one team when you haven't before especially when you are going to need to find games for all your previous rivals.

• Upvote 1

I guess we can get our own list started: Lucia, Hansen.... punks that run away after their cheep shots

Four checks from behind this weekend and one called. Don't like those odds. Also, ODonnell was injured based on the gopher player tackling him when he was off balance. Hennessey and Olson saying refs needed to keep Ambroz and Blood from the handshake, but I would think that the coaches could have used a little foresight there as well. I don't think these teams will play very often in Non-conference simply because I think Lucia will work towards that end. I think most of the fans love the rivalry, but Lucia does not and he will come up with excuses not to continue it. The fact that they have an agreement for the next four years with Notre Dame, where he is an alumni, will be one of the excuses. Why pigeonhole yourself to one team when you haven't before especially when you are going to need to find games for all your previous rivals.

I agree with you about the checks from behind but where do you come up with the Lucia garbage? LOL all of the players love the rivalry games, its a big money maker for the school, and its a good test for the team.

Let's be clear that the majority of the reason that Lucia hates North Dakota is because of the way his Notre Dame teams were blown away by the likes of Mark Taylor and Doug Smail. When you are prevented from winning a National Championship as a player, there are hard feelings, and then to have your season as a coach end to them a few times, it is even harder to swallow. Hence the reason the Sioux won't play the gophers under the Lucia regime.

I think they let the O'Donnel one go because of when Blood did the exact same thing earlier in the game and they didn't call it. To me, both of those were more hockey plays than anything else.

Okay Wooger, we appreciate you posting here. We've all heard it before. Over age Canadians playing against younger elite Minnesotans. Thank you.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy UND's style of hard nosed hockey between the whistles but all of the crap after the whistles and in the handshake line has no place in hockey.

• Upvote 1

I agree with you about the checks from behind but where do you come up with the Lucia garbage? LOL all of the players love the rivalry games, its a big money maker for the school, and its a good test for the team.

We'll see how it plays out. I will bet you it will be because of the gophers that it doesn't take place, unless they expect it to be in their barn every year. I'll say it again why are you scheduling long-term agreements with one team when you want to keep your fanbase happy and play regional rivals like St. Cloud, Duluth, Mankato, North Dakota, etc. Lucia has frequently left the name North Dakota out of his conversation when talking about the need to come up with scheduling agreements. Proof will be in the pudding I guess, but if it doesn't happen, you need not look any further than the coach the everybody was wanting fired a year ago.

I think they let the O'Donnel one go because of when Blood did the exact same thing earlier in the game and they didn't call it. To me, both of those were more hockey plays than anything else.

O.k. I'll buy that, but do you think for one second that the Minnesota fanbase wouldn't be crying goon if one of their players got injured in the same circumstance?

Well that was embarrassing and I don't mean the game. We had four Gopher fans sit in front of us and four more sitting in front of them. Throughout the game there was a lot of back and forth between them and Sioux fans, ALL in fun. They were actually nice twenty-something year old guys. During the game someone behind us threw food at them. One of them was going to throw it back but I warned him he would be thrown out of the arena if he did. They were a bit obnoxious because they were winning. But they weren't doing anything we wouldn't be doing if we were winning. At the end of the game, they were cheering Gopher chants, all PG, nothing anti-Sioux. A middle-aged Sioux fan took umbrage and pushed one of the Gopher fans. Gawd, how stupid!!! We and the kid's brother held them apart. Totally unnecessary, totally!!!!