SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs Idaho

darell1976

Gene Roebuck had a classic Jim Mora-esque rant on the radio postgame when it was mentioned that the team had a nice comeback. Paraphrasing, he said comebacks are "baloney", you either win or lose, that is it. He mentioned he was very upset with the effort, and they didn't represent North Dakota well tonight. He was PISSED! Anyone else hear it?

• Upvote 1

Gene Roebuck had a classic Jim Mora-esque rant on the radio postgame when it was mentioned that the team had a nice comeback. Paraphrasing, he said comebacks are "baloney", you either win or lose, that is it. He mentioned he was very upset with the effort, and they didn't represent North Dakota well tonight. He was PISSED! Anyone else hear it?

Isn't this type of performance and post game response getting to be a regular event. Mizzou most recently comes to mind, but there are others. These kids better soon realize this is D1 not DIII. The scholarships are to perform and win, not just compete and be nice scholars.

Isn't this type of performance and post game response getting to be a regular event. Mizzou most recently comes to mind, but there are others. These kids better soon realize this is D1 not DIII. The scholarships are to perform and win, not just compete and be nice scholars.

Unfortunately, you are correct, Ole. in D-I, It's not about being student athletes anymore. Now its about being winning athletes, the student part has been lost. That, to me, is the downside of the move to D-I. Welcome to the world of Ohio State, Miami and Southern Cal.

I heard. He also said he wished they were not wearing a North Dakota jersey. Said he wished they had another name on their jerseys cause they embarrassed the university and what it stood for. OUCH I think he is trying to get fired with his post game remarks.

I heard. He also said he wished they were not wearing a North Dakota jersey. Said he wished they had another name on their jerseys cause they embarrassed the university and what it stood for. OUCH I think he is trying to get fired with his post game remarks.

Showing passion and a dedication for hardwork and the thrive to win is hardly worthy of being "fired."

Quite the opposite.

I think it's becoming painfully clear that this team simply does not have the shooters to win consistently against Division I teams. You won't totally shut down many teams at this level (the athletes are simply too good), so you better knock down some shots on a regular basis or you can forget about winning. Aside from eliminating the shot clock, I don't know what can be done to help the team in its current form win these games.