SiouxSports.com Forum

Free UMD v. MSU-M Updates

UMDDogz

#5 Michigan should be in for a nice tumble in this weeks rankings!! Always good to see!

Watched both Gopher games this past weekend. I didn't think either Michigan school looked very good this weekend. Could maybe hurt the CCHA come playoff time.

Watched both Gopher games this past weekend. I didn't think either Michigan school looked very good this weekend. Could maybe hurt the CCHA come playoff time.

It's all about the D and getting the puck to go where you want it. Michigan has really struggled in their transition game and they have had a tendency to leave Montoya out to dry. It's depressing really because Montoya is definitely one of the best goaltenders in the NCAA.

What is the moral to Montoya's story? Should have come to UND ;) Then Michigan State could have had Siembida and we'd be rolling in the wins and NCs.

Not that Brandt isn't doing well this year, but Montoya is G O O D!

What is the moral to Montoya's story? Should have come to UND ;) Then Michigan State could have had Siembida and we'd be rolling in the wins and NCs.

Not that Brandt isn't doing well this year, but Montoya is G O O D!

Uh, what? I, for one, will take Brandt's win over the Gophers a couple of weeks ago over Montoya's loss last night!

So are the goofers back or are their 4 straight wins a product of their competition?

They are playing better than they were, no doubt. More forwards are actually coming back into the defensive end. Both Mich and MN, however, appear to fold (defensively) when pressured. Don't think eithers defensive corps are as good as the Sioux's, in their own end.

Of course, Woog's view of Mich. defense is the same as his view of the Sioux's; they lack an offensive dman ;) Here's my view of the Gophs (and Mich); they are lacking in defensive dmen.

Montoya would be a nice goalie to have, but so what. Brandt is doing better than him so far this year. It would also be nice to have Vanek and Ryan Suter, etc. Oh well. Did anyone else see during the MN-MSU game woog was saying that UND's galtending still isn't all that proven. Umm, huh? What exactly does Jake have to do to prove himself to Woog? Doesn't matter, just wondering.

I think the Gophers are back. Ballard returning helped them a great deal.

I think MN has two defensive defenseman (man, is that redundant) in Atherton & Taylor but both are very inexperienced and still growing into the position. Playing good tough defense in the WCHA is still the toughest transition for any player in college hockey. It is no coincidence MN's improvement comes a the same time these two players begin to feel more comfortable.

BTW, I am convinced Woog reads the boards and sometimes says stuff specifically for a reaction. ;)

BTW, I am convinced Woog reads the boards and sometimes says stuff specifically for a reaction. ;)

I wonder what he would say about my comment about him on POI last night? You know, the ESPN one. ???

The Gophers are playing much better than they did when they came up here earlier. I sure hope that they stop this playing well thing they're getting themselves into before we travel down there.

Montoya would be a nice goalie to have, but so what. Brandt is doing better than him so far this year. It would also be nice to have Vanek and Ryan Suter, etc. Oh well. Did anyone else see during the MN-MSU game woog was saying that UND's galtending still isn't all that proven. Umm, huh? What exactly does Jake have to do to prove himself to Woog? Doesn't matter, just wondering.

I think the Gophers are back. Ballard returning helped them a great deal.

Hey Dig,

To take it even further he basically said that UND great goaltending numbers were a result of the monsters that UND has on defense, so is Doug against having Big Defensemen now too. Ok, I just don't get it. UND has way better goaltenders than UofM and they some how are trying to say that UND is unproven and has shaky goaltending. UND is second or third in the league in goals against. Come on Doug...

I wonder what he would say about my comment about him on POI last night? You know, the ESPN one. ???

The Gophers are playing much better than they did when they came up here earlier. I sure hope that they stop this playing well thing they're getting themselves into before we travel down there.

For those of us who don't patrol the POI board, which ESPN post is that?

As for my reaction about Montoya, nothing against Ziggy or JPar, or Lammy, but Brandt/Montoya 1-2 punch would be devastating.

As for my reaction about Montoya, nothing against Ziggy or JPar, or Lammy, but Brandt/Montoya 1-2 punch would be devastating.

Hey, knucklehead, do you think before you write? ??? There's nothing wrong with the guys we have now-be proud of them & support them. Wishing for players we don't have isn't exactly an ego-booster for Ziggy & JPar if they happen to read these boards. If you want other players on your team, maybe you should be playing fantasy hockey. Have a nice Sunday ;)

Hey, knucklehead, do you think before you write? ;) There's nothing wrong with the guys we have now-be proud of them & support them. Wishing for players we don't have isn't exactly an ego-booster for Ziggy & JPar if they happen to read these boards. If you want other players on your team, maybe you should be playing fantasy hockey. Have a nice Sunday :)

Yeah remember we had people saying that the message boards were the reason Josh Siembieda had poor confidence and did poorly during the past season. ;)???