SiouxSports.com Forum

2011 Opponents

gfhockey

Not a good night for UND's future opponents. Sioux Falls got beat, Montana State got beat, and Idaho got beat.

The Sioux should be competitive in the Idaho game. This isn't the 45-0 Idaho team from last year. They'll have to open up the playbook a bit more, but I think the Sioux should stay within ten points.

I don't know that much about your team.....if anything at all.

I seemed to remember watching your team against Eastern Washington and it was a great game. If you think your team is going to be good this coming season, then I think you could upset Idaho and possibly Fresno. Like I said, I just don't know that much about your team. I don't see Fresno being all that strong this coming season and the same goes for Idaho. So if ya'll are a good team these games against these two teams could be interesting good games. Fresno always has speed and raw talent, but Fresno doesn't always play as a talented team. Although I am a Fresno fan, I would like to see North Dakota play a good game and who knows, funny things can happen.

I don't know that much about your team.....if anything at all.

I seemed to remember watching your team against Eastern Washington and it was a great game. If you think your team is going to be good this coming season, then I think you could upset Idaho and possibly Fresno. Like I said, I just don't know that much about your team. I don't see Fresno being all that strong this coming season and the same goes for Idaho. So if ya'll are a good team these games against these two teams could be interesting good games. Fresno always has speed and raw talent, but Fresno doesn't always play as a talented team. Although I am a Fresno fan, I would like to see North Dakota play a good game and who knows, funny things can happen.

Welcome Fangdog! Unfortunately, the team you saw against Eastern Washington was the North Dakota State Bison, not our beloved Sioux. UND is still transitioning, and has a lot of young talent, but hopefully by the time we get to Fresno we will have some of our issues (offensive line, WR drops, too many penalties, etc) sorted out. Also, we have two starters that are suspended that will be back for the Fresno game (although Daryl Brown may overtake Mackey by then). It would be nice to be competitive against your squad, but based on last night they need to play a lot better to do that.

Could you provide a link to Fresno's fan board? It would be appreciated :)

I see Sioux Falls got welcomed to Division II NCAA play with a lopsided loss to something called Washburn. Welcome to the NCAA where there are rules on recruiting and who can play.

Isn't that a city in western ND out by Lake Sakakawea? I didn't know they had a team. :lol:

I see Sioux Falls got welcomed to Division II NCAA play with a lopsided loss to something called Washburn. Welcome to the NCAA where there are rules on recruiting and who can play.

I believe Washburn had about 400 yards of offense in the first half of that game as well. While Washburn is a top 20 team in DII, that doesn't mean too much any more. I believe Augie is currently ranked in the top 10.

Not a current opponent but future Big Sky opponent Sac St beat Oregon St today 29-28 in OT.

Elsewhere, Northern Colorado lost to NAIA (maybe DII transitional?) Lindenwood 22-20. Lindenwood plays at USD 10/1.

Southern Utah lost a barn burner to South Dakota St. 29-28

USD ended up losing to Air Force 37-20.

Cal Poly down to San Diego St 7-0 early.

Fresno St is losing to Cal 36-21 with :48 seconds remaining in the game.

20 South Dakota

37 Air Force

32 Bowling Green

15 Idaho

19 Wisconsin-Stoudt

7 Black Hills St.

29 South Dakota St

28 Southern Utah

24 Montana St Northern

17 Montana Western

49 San Diego St

21 Cal Poly

22 Lindenwood

20 Northern Colorado

33 Washburn

17 Sioux Falls

48 Arizona St

14 UC Davis

Kind of surprised by the score in that Northern Colorado game......................

20 South Dakota

37 Air Force

32 Bowling Green

15 Idaho

19 Wisconsin-Stoudt

7 Black Hills St.

29 South Dakota St

28 Southern Utah

24 Montana St Northern

17 Montana Western

49 San Diego St

21 Cal Poly

22 Lindenwood

20 Northern Colorado

33 Washburn

17 Sioux Falls

48 Arizona St

14 UC Davis

Kind of surprised by the score in that Northern Colorado game......................

So the Sioux started better than most of their schedule....alright. If that Black Hills State game wasn't the Potato Bowl game you'd be looking at one of the worst crowds for a Sioux football game at the Alerus Center all time. That should be an ugly ugly football game.

20 South Dakota

37 Air Force

32 Bowling Green

15 Idaho

19 Wisconsin-Stoudt

7 Black Hills St.

29 South Dakota St

28 Southern Utah

24 Montana St Northern

17 Montana Western

49 San Diego St

21 Cal Poly

22 Lindenwood

20 Northern Colorado

33 Washburn

17 Sioux Falls

48 Arizona St

14 UC Davis

Sound familiar? ........Worst Loss Ever

Sound familiar? ........Worst Loss Ever

What makes it sound more familiar is that UNC was outgained by Lindenwood, something like 437-266.....................

It was no fluke. Lindenwood played better football that day. Scary familiar to our game with Sioux Falls..................

On the bright side, based on 1 week of play, I think North Dakota looks to have the upper hand in the match up with the Bears...........................

Welcome Fangdog! Unfortunately, the team you saw against Eastern Washington was the North Dakota State Bison, not our beloved Sioux. UND is still transitioning, and has a lot of young talent, but hopefully by the time we get to Fresno we will have some of our issues (offensive line, WR drops, too many penalties, etc) sorted out. Also, we have two starters that are suspended that will be back for the Fresno game (although Daryl Brown may overtake Mackey by then). It would be nice to be competitive against your squad, but based on last night they need to play a lot better to do that.

Could you provide a link to Fresno's fan board? It would be appreciated :)

My link

Sorry about the mix-up. Like I said, As it turns-out, I know nothing about your team. I do think the team I thought it was would have an excellent chance defeating Fresno this season. I don't know how ya'll stack with North Dakota State? I wonder how and why this game was scheduled. Must had been one AD knowing the other AD. However, If you are close to the the quality of North Dakota State, you have a better than 50/50 chance defeating Fresno. Fresno is not good this season, but Fresno has a lot of athletes. If your team is tough and can walk while chewing-gum, it could be a good game.