SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux on Satellite

PSB

biggame

If you're still having issues, I would recommend coming over to www.satelliteguys.us and check out the FTA area we have. Both myself & PSB are mods there (and are there all the time it seems) and maybe there is somebody local that could help out :D

Tonight and tomorrow ought to be good games...signal has been strong on the new satellite (usually a 99)

biggame

If you're still having issues, I would recommend coming over to www.satelliteguys.us and check out the FTA area we have. Both myself & PSB are mods there (and are there all the time it seems) and maybe there is somebody local that could help out :D

Tonight and tomorrow ought to be good games...signal has been strong on the new satellite (usually a 99)

I haven't had time the last few nights to mess with it, but I will work on it Saturday morning. Is it a good idea to get a signal meter? if so does an inexpensive one work good enough?

The only down side with signal beepers is that they tend to want to pull you onto the STRONGER DBS satellites! You just can't beat the signal meter on your receiver/TV If you feel you are close to a satellite try a blind scan, let us know what channels you are picking up then we can tell you what way the dish need to go (further east/West)

Go Sioux!

• Upvote 1

I hate to ask a question knowing that the answer is probably already in the thread, but I don't really feel like trying to read through 36 pages, especially on my parents dial up internet. I would be here all night.

I am out visiting my parents for New Years. I was talking about how I had to find some place nearby that would be carrying the game. My neighbors mentioned that they have the Dish satellite. Is there anyway to pick up the game signal on this?

If not I will just go into Grenora or Williston and watch the game at the bar.

I hate to ask a question knowing that the answer is probably already in the thread, but I don't really feel like trying to read through 36 pages, especially on my parents dial up internet. I would be here all night.

I am out visiting my parents for New Years. I was talking about how I had to find some place nearby that would be carrying the game. My neighbors mentioned that they have the Dish satellite. Is there anyway to pick up the game signal on this?

If not I will just go into Grenora or Williston and watch the game at the bar.

tonight, not on Dish network. All UND home games are broad cast on a Ku band satellite located:

Satellite Coordinates 05-06

Intelsat Americas 8 at 89.0

Your neighbors will need to have the T180 Dish package to get ESPNU for Friday night's game.

Your neighbors will need to have the T180 Dish package to get ESPNU for Friday night's game.

Is anybody bothering to get FSSN on satellite tonight? I currently get a Level of 55% and a quality of 0.

The test of 11776 Mhz

H Polarity

29000 symbol

is coming in at 82% level and a quality of 74%

Is anybody bothering to get FSSN on satellite tonight? I currently get a Level of 55% and a quality of 0.

The test of 11776 Mhz

H Polarity

29000 symbol

is coming in at 82% level and a quality of 74%

Ok I got it. level 82% level 90% quality. I just want to thank you guys for introducing me to a real cool technology.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the small satworks dish that was installed by PSB two years ago. I had 49% signal quality for a couple of games earlier in the season but have had no luck within the last two months. I adjusted the dish manually with someone watching the signal quality inside giving me clues. I am ready to call a professional to get it adjusted for Mankato. I would appreciate names of people/companies in the twin cities that anyone could recommend on short notice.

I have the small satworks dish that was installed by PSB two years ago. I had 49% signal quality for a couple of games earlier in the season but have had no luck within the last two months. I adjusted the dish manually with someone watching the signal quality inside giving me clues. I am ready to call a professional to get it adjusted for Mankato. I would appreciate names of people/companies in the twin cities that anyone could recommend on short notice.

Where ya located? ( i assume TC since Pete installed it)

Where is the dish? roof or ground?

I would try to do this....add the following transponder to your setup (Telstar 4)

11780 freq

H polarity

29000 symbol rate

That is on 24/7 and would help aim it. Otherwise shoot me a PM, I might be able to come help (depending on location). :silly:

(Im in SW suburbs)

• Downvote 1