SiouxSports.com Forum

Schneider

stardog

Hey all. Can anyone give me a scouting report on Andy Schneiders game? What style is he. Will he make the NHL? What is his top end realistic potential? What NHLer does he play like?

Thanks in advance.

Physical presence with an offensive bend to him. He's a good checker and a good positioning dman on defense who knows how to score.

Will he make the NHL? Hard to say because he was drafted by Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh can't afford McDonalds right now. I would say he is worthy of the NHL, but I don't see him as much of a scoring threat in the NHL though. Definitely will make it, but hopefully Pittsburgh will trade him for cash or something.

I'll always remember Andy as Toby's pudgy little brother trying to play with us "big kids" at the Kelly elementary outdoor rink.

I'll never forget the pick-up games with Mapletoft and Hudler over at University Park. Mapletoft was unstoppable and simply scored at will. Hudler perfected his slashing, high-sticking, boarding and cross-checking skills. Those were the good old days. :glare: