SiouxSports.com Forum

Student Entrance

UND33

Im sorry, but after camping out for 4 days to get season tickets, I would appreciate being able to come to the game at 6:40ish and NOT have to stand in a huge line forever with not only students but a lot of regular season ticket holders et.....I dont mean to complain, however, the students are NOT ALLOWED to enter any other door.

You bring up a good point. What can we do though? Those letters that say "STUDENT ENTRANCE" above the door don't seem to help any. Though you are right, nothing will get done and don't get too worked up about it.

It would be very easy to fix this problem. The tickets should not work at that door. It would be just as easy to program as they do to keep students out from the other doors. To be fair, one of the three lines could be open for the general public.

This past weekend I noticed that the line at the student door was really long, so I went to the front door where it takes less time to get through, any reason why the line was so long? Can anyone shed some light on it. I really don't have trouble going around if ordered to.

I'm just cynical and doubt they would do anything like that. Our requests are routinely ignored, why should this be any different?

Actually I couldn't believe how bad they frisked some of the students as they came through the front door.

It would be very easy to fix this problem. The tickets should not work at that door. It would be just as easy to program as they do to keep students out from the other doors. To be fair, one of the three lines could be open for the general public.

I agree it should be very easy to fix this problem. However, Im not sure I agree that there should be one line for the general public. My point is this, the student entrance is the only door we are allowed to go through, and even then we have to share it. Its just more proof of how little respect the students receive.

However, Im not sure I agree that there should be one line for the general public.

Well I was being nice. I also don't think they will make the people that park by that enterance walk to the front. Some kind of compromise should be made, but for now the students are getting screwed as always.

I didn't mind Friday night when it was a female cop. :silly:

Yeah, I've been "groped" a couple times too by the female cops...not that I'm complaining, it's the most action I've seen in a while :0

The student entrance should be that...the student entrance. I get there about an hour before the game...which works good...only have to wait 5 people deep at the most.

Think how grumpy we'll all be when we hit our 60's. We come here and p^ss and moan about all sorts of stuff. What will happen if this kind of stuff happens when were old farts...like PCM? :0

Maybe if they made the UND women's hockey players the security guards, we'd be happier with being groped. :0:silly:

I also get there an hour or so before the game. It makes it so I don't have to wait too long, but I still have to wait because non-students are in front of me.

Gee, I paid for my season tickets too.

And I have to wait in a line to get in too.

(And I haven't even gotten the free groping. :silly: )

Does the entrance say "Student Entrance" or "Student Only Entrance"?

Which gates are open for entrance before a game? I know the SW (Student) is. The front doors are. Which others? There must be one on the north side somewhere, probably NW because I know the NE isn't and neither is the SE. (Help?)

If it's the front, and one to the NW and one to the SW, that's three entrances. Divide that amongst 11400 people. That's 3800 per entrance. With about 2200 students, sure, set up two student and one "other" line at the SW. The students would get a great deal there (do the math). Also, I'd guess a disproportionate number comes in the front (even better for the students).

However, back to the main point: There are lines at each entrance.

Next we'll be crying because the ice cream is cold.

Actually I couldn't believe how bad they frisked some of the students as they came through the front door.

You know, I haven't been frisked once this season. I was frisked every darn game last season. Odd no?

Lines aren't something I routinely have to deal with at the mens hockey games because I make it a point to be there for warmups. Which means I'm routinely 45 minutes to an hour early.

Why do they have lines though? Because at 6:30 for a 7:05 game, all the people who park in the lot by the student entrance arrive and they don't want to walk around the building. Also, those people who park on the street south of the Ralph do the same thing. It is simply the closest door.

It would be simple to not have their tickets work at that entrance, but let's face it. Nothing is going to happen. Who, as the Ralph, would you rather piss off? The $6/game -$60 season ticket crowd or the $18+/game $325/season ticket crowd? I won't give you any hints on this one because I think you can do the math.

You know maybe we are whining, but it sure seems like the students who have to put up with every hassle. The students have to wait in line because other people come to "our" entrance (other people do too). The students have to sit all the time or risk getting yelled at and kicked out. The students are always threatened with having their season tickets taken away. The students get letters saying we aren't being good boys and girls. The students get signs taken away (other people do too). The students are always frisked. It is just that it seems like some people don't want us there. I love UND hockey, but it is just so frustrating sometimes with all that crap it seems we have to put up with. We do everything that is asked of us and get very little thanks from REA and Co. The only thing we get is negative feedback. It isn't just the waiting in line to get into the game. It is one thing on top of another on top of another. It gets damn tiresome. We were treated relatively well at the old arena, at the new arena we are just a piece of sh^t. Excuse my language.

We got respect in the old arena ...

(I'm gonna say it.)

Respect is earned.

The students didn't respect sections 107 and 110 right away in the new arena and things happened.

Now I'd say the students are doing a much better job of respecting their neighbors in those sections.

I'd say it's time to ask that some respect be shown back.

Take it to REA or Roger Thomas or all the way to Kupchella. Point out that you've played the seating game and expect better now because you've played by the rules.

Whining (yes, I'm going to use that word) here about all the 'injustice' ain't gonna fix dinky-doo. Don't be a victim. Do something real and substantive. (And it'll be a great life lesson.)

One of the reasons there are a lot of non-students attempting to enter that door is because once the handicapped spots on the north side are full, all that traffic is directed to the south side. where they are told to take any spot still available.

It likely doesn't make much sense to do that, and then make those folks walk all the way around to the front door.

What it says is that there aren't enought handicapped spots on both sides of the arena to handle that requirement.

Think how grumpy we'll all be when we hit our 60's. We come here and p^ss and moan about all sorts of stuff. What will happen if this kind of stuff happens when were old farts...like PCM? :0

Guess which entrance that old fart PCM comes in? :silly::0:0

Notice I changed it to we were treated relatively well, but you saw it in time. Dangit!!! :0

I agree that sitting here and whining won't solve anything. However, I'm not sure how much going and talking to REA or Roger Thomas will help either. When this whole fiasco started, we did that and did what was asked of us for the first season and we asked for certain things in return. We didn't really get these things. People weren't happy with us standing at the beginning and they made their voices heard. So meetings were set up and everyone was invited to say how they felt about the situation. The first meeting was 50/50 public/students. After this first meeting though, it became all students. It was like the people who had the problem didn't have the time to help find a solution. So the students were left to work it out with Thomas and the AD. I guess this was destined to failure to some point since one side was missing. We went ahead anyways though and came to an agreement that students would do this and the public would do this. The students did what was agreed upon, sit during most of the game stand during PP. The public however didn't. For whatever reason. You can say that it takes time and that is true. But I didn't see much effort on the part of the public. Maybe because we or the AD didn't explain what the deal was very well. Either way, it didn't work out as well as planned. Maybe as a result of this, last year things went backwards. That is mostly the students fault. So again, I agree that we should plan and do something but there is still that feeling among many students that it won't do any good. It will be the same thing all over again, we'll get a pat on the back and they'll say it will be done. It won't though. Whether this is accurate or not, many students feel this way.

If only UND played games constantly, there wouldn't be these problems. Because when the game is being played, there aren't any problems. :silly:

How come it isn't this easy to write papers? I could blabber on forever about this, yet papers are suck. :0