SiouxSports.com Forum

Playoffs

gfhomer

The way it appears to me too that we would play in the evening on Friday. However I'll wait for Brad from the Herald (the voice of reason and wisdom) to share with us what's going on. I heard the Gopher announcers saying the same thing wanting to avoid the Sioux.

UND in two over Mich. Tech

DU in three

UNO in two Dean has them ready

UMD in three SCSU has been so up and down . Been playing well but many of those wins came against Wisconsin, and Tech. Sunday's game goes to multiple overtimes

MN in three over a tough AA team

CC over Wisconsin in two

The way it appears to me too that we would play in the evening on Friday. However I'll wait for Brad from the Herald (the voice of reason and wisdom) to share with us what's going on. I heard the Gopher announcers saying the same thing wanting to avoid the Sioux.

UND in two over Mich. Tech

DU in three

UNO in two Dean has them ready

UMD in three SCSU has been so up and down . Been playing well but many of those wins came against Wisconsin, and Tech. Sunday's game goes to multiple overtimes

MN in three over a tough AA team

CC over Wisconsin in two

The Sioux are lined up in the bracket that would contain the Gophers, so, that bracket will be on Thursday and Friday nights. If theGophers are upset by UAA, who knows?

Yep. Teams are not reseeded at the final five, but before then they will be seeded based on winners points. Teams 1-8 have a possibility of getting a bye in the Final Five (A lot of crazy stuff would have to happen). If you are seeds 9-12 there is no way you will get a bye if you make the final five.

Adding my voice to the chorus of "yeps". The WCHA itself is pretty explicit.

2011 Red Baron™ WCHA Final Five Information

Following the completion of the first round, the six winning teams will advance to the WCHA Final Five at Xcel Energy Center in Saint Paul. The brackets for the Final Five will be pre-set and the top two seeded teams will receive a bye. The 2011 Red Baron WCHA Final Five, set for March 17-19, will get underway with two games on Thursday on a single-ticket for the opening day. The Thursday games are set for 3:37 pm and 7:07 pm. Team No. 3 will play Team No. 6 and Team No. 4 will play Team No. 5.

On Friday of Final Five weekend, Thursday's winners will advance to take on the top two-seeded teams in a pair of semifinal matchups on Friday with separate admission tickets set for 2:07 pm and 7:07 pm. As the brackets will be pre-set, the matchups on Friday could be different than usual. And there will no longer be a third place game.

Teams are seeded into fixed brackets for the Final Five.

8 games, 8 wins...4 weekends, 4 sweeps...that's it.

Prediction: If we win the Final Five, we will win the national championship. If we lose at the final five, we will not win the NCAAs.

Why? We need to believe that we can not be beaten. We need the boys to believe that they are an unstoppable force, an unbeatable family.

Each weekend from here on out, we have to believe that its just 2 games...we don't need to win 8 in one day...2 per weekend, just like the regular season. Our strength of schedule says we've played teams like this ALL year anyway, every weekend.

Frattin and Chay are both in green and white this season for a reason...if asked in October of 2009 if Frattin and Chay would be playing for the Fighting Sioux in March 2011 no one would've said "yes". This team is meant to be together, it is meant to win it all in the last year of the name and logo.

Prediction: If we win the Final Five, we will win the national championship. If we lose at the final five, we will not win the NCAAs.

Why? We need to believe that we can not be beaten. We need the boys to believe that they are an unstoppable force, an unbeatable family.

Each weekend from here on out, we have to believe that its just 2 games...we don't need to win 8 in one day...2 per weekend, just like the regular season. Our strength of schedule says we've played teams like this ALL year anyway, every weekend.

Frattin and Chay are both in green and white this season for a reason...if asked in October of 2009 if Frattin and Chay would be playing for the Fighting Sioux in March 2011 no one would've said "yes". This team is meant to be together, it is meant to win it all in the last year of the name and logo.

I get what you mean, but I think once we hit Regionals...we have to think just one game at a time....we overlooked Yale and lost...had we not been looking ahead for game 2, would we still have lost? One game, 60 minutes, play like its the National Championship game, then move on to the next one and play it the same way.

The boys do need to believe that they are an unstoppable force...one can only hope that they all have a little of Mike Prpich in them...he played the end of one season so hurt that he needed help to get his jersey off...that is heart.

Good call Goon. To make the NCAA tournament the Gophs will need two wins against Anchorage, a win against Duluth, CC or Bucky, a win over the Sioux, and a win against UNO or Denver.

The Breakdown.....Gophs must:

~Beat Anchorage twice

~Beat Duluth, CC, or Bucky

~Beat a rested North Dakota team

~Beat UNO or Denver

If the gophers make the tournament they will deserve too after that breakdown.

Is this for fact, or is this what you think they need to do?

That is how they felt against Yale last year. I would rather the Sioux be humble and know that they can't afford a shift off, that they need to focus on every powerplay the entire National Tournament with the desperation like they were down by one in the last minute of the game. If the Sioux play like they believe they can be beaten and know that every shift needs to be played as such or else the Seniors will be going home without a NC ring, I think they will be less apt to get behind early in an important game like they have in the past. There is sometimes a fine line between confidence and overconfidence.