SiouxSports.com Forum

Sydney Crosby

Superman0099

He won't be coming to UND as he is playing Major Junior in Canada. He was considering college last year and I believe UND was one of the schools he was considering. Also I believe he came here for a visit last year. He should be here for the WJC next year though. I can't wait for that, it will be great.

"It will be great to play them," says Crosby, who earned the Quebec league's player of the month honors for October. He had 18 goals and 42 points in 20 games and was a plus-15."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow, not too shabby for a 16 y/o! The kid is a hockey prodigy in the purest sense-almost like a Zach Parise x2, or 3, or 4...I don't think there's a snowball's chance in hell he'll ever come to UND; that would be UND's greatest recruiting coup in the history of the school bar none. If he can do that much damage in the Quebec major juniors at 16, just think what he could do at UND when he's 17 or 18 :)

Crosby got $150,000 deposited into an education account when he went major junior. The money sits in the account for 6 years. If he doesn't make it to the NHL in that time, he can then access the money to go to college. I believe his total package was close to $300K.

The education account is money that the team gives the player that can only be used for the players education. If the player reaches a certain age and hasn't made the NHL, he can use this account to go to and pay for school. So actually it is possible for Sydney to come to UND, he just couldn't play hockey.

The education account is money that the team gives the player that can only be used for the players education. If the player reaches a certain age and hasn't made the NHL, he can use this account to go to and pay for school. So actually it is possible for Sydney to come to UND, he just couldn't play hockey.

There are only 2 possible ways this kid doesn't make the NHL. Either the NHL disbands and ceases to exist, or Crosby get severely hurt in some accident that ends his chances. I guess he won't ever be going to UND, will he?

When asked who might break his scoring records someday...Wayne Gretzky replied, "Sidney Crosby." If he is only 16 and Wayne Gretzky is giving him a compliment like this, you know he's something special. It would have been nice to have him in green and white getting 6 points per game.

Yeah, he even went to Shattuck last year. Played with Mr. Stafford. How in the heck did we let him get away?!?

Yeah, he even went to Shattuck last year. Played with Mr. Stafford. How in the heck did we let him get away?!?

See above, he had about 300,000 reasons to play major juniors. He was only a sophomore at Shattuck last year, so he would have to wait 2 years before going to college. He will be playing in the NHL in 2 years after playing major juniors.

See above, he had about 300,000 reasons to play major juniors. He was only a sophomore at Shattuck last year, so he would have to wait 2 years before going to college. He will be playing in the NHL in 2 years after playing major juniors.

I believe Sydney was doing two academic years as one last year, so if he would've come to college, it would've been for the 2004-2005 season. Sure he would've been gone after his freshman year, but to get to see him play would've been great.

The Wild fans and announcers have been talking like this guy is the savior.

So have the fans of the six other teams he's been on. For a number one overall pick, he's been nothing but a disappointment. I'm hoping he produces with the Wild or I'd like to see him set the mark of being the only player to play with every NHL team. ;)