SiouxSports.com Forum

Grand Forks has lost one of the great high school hockey coaches

gfhockey

Prayers definitely go out to his wife and children. As a fellow high school coach in the state of North Dakota he was always kind and very easy to talk to. I knew that his health wasn't the best, and its extremely unfortunate that he went so young.

My condolences to the Malm family. I knew Matt had cancer and was fighting it but I didn't know he would be taken from us so soon. I hope his family can find some peace in the fact that he is no longer suffering. God Speed Matt until you are reunited with your family and friends again up in the big rink in the sky.

Damn, we're losing a lot of good, young people! Matt coached my son in hockey and the article is spot on! He was intense, focused and dedicated to helping his team succeed! He was a great family man as well. I remember when his first child was born. Man, he loved and cherised that little girl. I have pictures of him in the park with her and you could see how much he loved her just by the look in his eyes. He will be missed.