SiouxSports.com Forum

Gopher fans searching for "Savior"

sprig

I'd take Briggs over Parise.

Johnson has at least won a Final Five....Brandt? The Subway Classic?

This is my point. Yet Gopher fans are the ones talking about goalies, not Sioux fans.

Weber leaving had nothing to do with Gopher fans saying their goaltending was better.

dagies,

I have always said Briggs after Web left....

To everyone else, IMO, Briggs has what it takes to BECOME a great goal tender. He likes to cough up some nice rebounds tho. Once he gets that under control he will be a force to be reconned with. I think even The Don has Briggs set up for being more of the full time tender...he has seen more time between the posts than JJ and seems much more solid there, not giving up as many softies...

WPoS

WARNING: consider this source.

Dubay said yesterday on the radio that Hairdo Lucia is bringing in a goalie at Christmas.

Gee, I thought (thinking back to Siembida coming in at Christmas 2001)

- Big Ten rules didn't allow that (they apply to non-Big 10 sports at Big 10 schools)

- only desperate coaches had to do that

- goalies like that are rent-a-goalies or mercenaries.

There must be a mistake.

Gee, I thought (thinking back to Siembida coming in at Christmas 2001)

- Big Ten rules didn't allow that (they apply to non-Big 10 sports at Big 10 schools)

- only desperate coaches had to do that

- goalies like that are rent-a-goalies or mercenaries.

There must be a mistake.

1. The Big Ten rules would have prevented Josh from playing a game before winter classes started.

2. It is a desparation move to bring in anyone at the break. Welch/Caig/Stafford(UNH) situations are different.

3. Trash talk aimed at getting under UND fan's skin.

If Lucia brings in a goalie at the break it will be for the same reasons Blais did. (DL and DB are so similar, but that is another topic.) The potential goalie will be coveted by a few other teams for next year, the Gophs best chance at grabbing him would be now. The goalie would have to really want to start college immediately.

If Lucia is blaming the start to this season or if Blais were blaming start of the '01-'02 season on their goaltending, they are off mark. Unlikely, given the respective coaches.

Briggs hasn't played that bad from what I have seen considering the defensive situation so far this year. I would still take Brandt over both of them. Yes, JJ won a Final Five, but that was with Paul Martin and MAtt DuhMarchi in front of him. If I remember correctly, when he started the Saturday game at The Ralph two years ago, we scored 4 goals or so on relatively few shots. Brandt has played extrememly well since the Denver playoff series.

While a lot of people would love to think so, this situation isn't really that similar to our goalie situation last year. It's like ours was 2 years ago however. We had Kollar, Brandt, Sofie, and then brought Siembida in over Christmas. The Gophers have Briggs, Johnson, Smieja, and are looking to bring someone in over Christmas now as well.

Just saw on POI that Ryan Potulny is out four months with a knee injury. While it stinks to lose any player I feel really bad for Ryan & Grant, the one year they get to play on the same team. :silly:

I like you Greyeagle am sad for the Potulny brothers. Gees one of the main reasons Ryan went to Minnesota is to play with his brother. They get to play about 6-8 games together and he's out for the year. I hope he takes the medical hardship. That way if he improves to the point that the pros want him he can take off. If not he still gets 4 good years as a hockey player.

I feel bad for the Potulny family.

1. The Big Ten rules would have prevented Josh from playing a game before winter classes started.

2. It is a desparation move to bring in anyone at the break. Welch/Caig/Stafford(UNH) situations are different.

3. Trash talk aimed at getting under UND fan's skin.

Just remember, with your answer to point 3, what goes around comes around.

I just registered at USCHO and I am not sure I was wise for doing so.

If you're a masochist & like being called names for just stating your opinion, then I think you made a good decision. Enjoy yourself & remember to check your ego at the door. The good thing about the message board there is that it does wonders for making you feel younger than you actually are :)