SiouxSports.com Forum

USD @ UND

dakotadan

Pack the House weekend

Not only will the rivalry bring excitement to "The Betty," but one lucky student will walk away with a semester of FREE tuition and that's not where the giveaways end.

The first 500 fans through the door to show their student ticket will receive a free foam fist so they can pump their fist at this situation

Students will not go hungry as free pizza will be provided in-between games

In-game contest prizes

Sioux-Gopher hockey tickets

Splashers of the Sea water park passes

One free night stay at the Canad Inn

All fans who show their Sioux-Gopher hockey ticket at the box office will receive a ticket to the women's and men's basketball games for ONLY $5.

The Sioux may now have actually played themselves into a role as possible conference favorites. There hasn't been a freshman class like Webb / Huff / Anderson / Brekke / Schuler for a generation.

If Wilmer and Allard can continue to develop and/or two decent recruiting classes, this team could make some noise in the first Big Sky season.

I didn't get a chance to see or hear the game, but what an exciting win. Just glancing at the box score, I see Mitchell had 13 points and 11 rebounds while Brekke chipped in 11 points and 7 rebounds..................with all the praise this season about Huff, Webb, and Anderson (and rightfully so), if Mitchell and Brekke can continue to produce closeto those numbers, the Sioux could end up having a surprising GWC season. While as an upper classman, Mitchell is expected to produce, but Brekke sure has been a pleasant surprise IMO this season.

Nice balanced scoring from the Sioux with 4 guys in double figures. Allard probably had his best game in college.

Great TEAM win. Webb 15, Mitchell 13, Schuler 13,Brekke 11 and Huff 9, Allard 8. Thats a balanced scoring that any coach would be proud of. 75 points with almost every point coming in the half court offense. Only 10 turnovers. These young players are coming together and seems as if they are starting to know each others games and where they are going to be. The freshmen of Webb,Huff, Schuler and Brekke are all averaging double digit points in the last 3-4 games. Schuler has had 10 assists in the last 2 games and only one turnover with 4 straight double digit scoring games. Brekke is becoming a beast underneath and Webb is under complete control at point scoring and dishing the rock. Huff is so talented and still must continue to improve on his shot selection. If Allard can play more like last night it will definately add another dimension to this team. Some one in this sophomore class needs to pick it up the last half of the season. Go Sioux

Congrats to the Sioux Men and Women for the big day against USD. I was not able to watch either game but what stands out to me is how much more the Sioux Men seemed to want it more than USD. Both the USD teams are in a funk right now after playing good ball earlier in the year. USD's mens team is just in a slump right now and I think they will snap out of it. Whether that be this year or next I think they will be ok. As far as the USD women are concerned I am starting to fear that Ryun Williams is not going to end up being what many hyped him up to be and that is a very good coach. Ryun Williams seems over-rated as a coach and he should be making a greater impact in his third season at USD already. Many SD fans may see it different but he just doesn't seem able to either coach the team properly or know how to get the right talent in the program to succeed. UND is always a good program but the Sioux seem a bit down this year for their standards.

Your fan base stepped up and made the atmosphere favorable for the home teams. UND is a hockey school first, football school second and then basketball somewhere down the line. With that said at least your board has some conversation about the games. The USD board on the other hand, PATHETIC, no posts whatsoever on the day of the game. It seems like the board membership and overall fan support at USD is in real trouble right now. The new AD is not doing his job in getting people to the dome to see basketball games. Based on overall fan support, board activity and so forth UND absolutely deserved the sweep. Every USD fan that didn't pay attention to the games yesterday deserved every bit of the losses that the Coyotes took.

Again Congrats

Thanks for all of the update on the MBB and WBB games yesterday. I was busy pretty much the whole day, but peeked to catch the scores occasionally.

The men appear to be turning the corner and getting more consistent with their play. Keep it going guys.

Go Sioux!!

The Sioux may now have actually played themselves into a role as possible conference favorites. There hasn't been a freshman class like Webb / Huff / Anderson / Brekke / Schuler for a generation.

If Wilmer and Allard can continue to develop and/or two decent recruiting classes, this team could make some noise in the first Big Sky season.

Agreed. I've been pretty down on Jones for the past few years, but this group of true and red-shirt freshmen appears to be legitimately good. Not sure why the group of sophomores Jones had touted so much hasn't panned out for the most part, though. Allard and Wilmer may yet be able to do some good things, anyway.

Agreed. I've been pretty down on Jones for the past few years, but this group of true and red-shirt freshmen appears to be legitimately good. Not sure why the group of sophomores Jones had touted so much hasn't panned out for the most part, though. Allard and Wilmer may yet be able to do some good things, anyway.

Agree also. I think the key now will be Wilmer. Our main weakness has been a lack of scoring in the post. Brekke has given us the scoring we need and if Wilmer can come along we will have a big backup at this position and we could go big with both of them at times. Go Sioux

I do think the North Dakota mens team will probable go onto win the conference. The rematch in Vermillion will be important but I expect UND to win that one as well and go onto have a great year. It looks like the UND basketball team will be celebrating conference titles for both the men and the women this year. That would be a great accomplishment. That would be great for momentum heading into the big sky. Your fans deserve it much more than ours do.

I do think the North Dakota mens team will probable go onto win the conference. The rematch in Vermillion will be important but I expect UND to win that one as well and go onto have a great year. It looks like the UND basketball team will be celebrating conference titles for both the men and the women this year. That would be a great accomplishment. That would be great for momentum heading into the big sky. Your fans deserve it much more than ours do.

Thank you for your comments. I truly hope you are correct. This freshman class just needs to keep improving and with additional help from current and future players they could definately make an immediate impact in the Big Sky. Alot of doubt has turned into great promise since the year has started. Go Sioux

Coyote Fan, how do you assess your chances next year in the Summit? Selfishly, I wish you were hanging around the Great West one more year with us. (I think if Sioux fans were to pick a team to cheer for in the Summit, it would be USD).

Jones lost a huge amount of credibility when he touted the sophomore class. When he brought in the freshmen class, everyone had heard his song and dance one too many times.

To become a legitimate mid-major, succeeding classes must not only be talented, but three or four deep.