SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs Irish - Friday

AZSIOUX

Disallowed goal was complete garbage. Absolutely ridiculous...SIoux DOMINATE the play and the refs don't want it to get "out of hand"

freshly zambonied ice bodes well for a pp...a pp goal here is almost a nail in the coffin...one big shift here...

I was at the game and they didnt replay the disallowed goal. Did anyone see a replay? Was it a good call?

Frattin skated into the puck but did not make a kicking motion... Im not sure he even saw that he hit it.

That's the way I saw it as well. No distinct kicking motion.

I'm also concerned about what cameras the officials were using. I've heard, but maybe the tellers are wrong, that they ONLY use the overhead goal cam. It was OFF of the overhead.

Considering it was called a goal on the ice there's NO WAY you could show that it was clearly kicked in.

There were a few bad calls as well. Hexstall's interference was immediately after the Irish dude played the puck. I also thought the first Notre Dame goal showed have been reviewed for goalie interference. But the Sioux didn't argue it and so that's all moot. I think that the teams made it an easy game to call and fortunately the officials didn't screw the game up by any means.

It seems like any team that plays the Sioux this year gets the benefit of the doubt on any call that could go either way.

So it was a bad call but we all can live with it because it didnt change the out come. If they play like they did last night it should be the much needed sweep.

Cant wait till game time.

that was fun to watch the sioux dominate like that early and have a very nice game all around!! sweep these guys and make a statement as a team and the wcha! dell was awesome and made some huge saves in critical points of the game. frattin and gregoire were all over! kristo played a nice game and had a few nice passes to set solid shots up.

sweep the domers right out of g forks!!

Does anyone know what Direct TV Channel the game is on tonight? Thanks

On the FCS website, it says it's going to be broadcasted on FCS-Atlantic which is ch. 617 on DIrect TV, however, on the directv channel guide, it has South Carolina at Western Kentucky in basketball...so your guess is as good as mine.

My cable guide on the box was wrong last night and the internet was right...Fox College Sports Atlantic will have it tonight.

Back to the call on the disallowed goal...Hak looked pi$$3ed too when the refs were explaining it to him.

Bottom line, it was called a goal on the ice, and the overhead view didn't even show the puck contacting Frattin. A second angle that FSSN had showed that the puck rebounds off the Notre Dame goalie and bounces into either Frattin or he Notre Dame defenseman that was wearing him. It goes off someone and goes in...in reviewing it, I don't think Frattin saw it let alone kicked it. I can't tell if the puck is on the ice or in the air either...

Another weekend in the WCHA, another bad call.

There needs to be a bigtime housecleaning, and until that happens it will be more of the same.

The woes continue here in Gopher land too...There is no way tDon comes back next year...I'd like the Sioux to put a nail in the coffin and sweep them up in GF in January.