SiouxSports.com Forum

Brad's Weekly Wednesday Update

choyt3

After all the discussion on here at the beginning of the season about having too many dmen...I suppose it is good we have all that depth at defense now, right? :)

I wonder if both Forbort and MacWilliam have mono? Hopefully they're not out for too long...they're two strong defenders.

Forbort, MacWilliam, Rowney, and possibly Malone out. Ouch.

After all the discussion on here at the beginning of the season about having too many dmen...I suppose it is good we have all that depth at defense now, right? :)

I wonder if both Forbort and MacWilliam have mono? Hopefully they're not out for too long...they're two strong defenders.

this weekend would be a great time to see all that depth i've heard so much about.... :)

I said at the beginning of the year that this team is deep in case of injuries or illness.Now we shall see this weekend how deep they are.

Good luck Wilbur.

We're in a reactionary era of sports. I truly believe that if Malone is given a lengthy suspension (to me, this means more than 2 games), then McLeod and Shepherd can claim that they are truly concerned about the players well being. Sure, that's an out and out lie, but look around you at where the NHL and especially the NFL is going in terms of physical play. Also, it makes them look good, so to speak, with anyone and everyone not truly familiar with the situation and the rules of the game. In other words, present the act, the aftermath (what happened and is happening to Martin), and the reaction by the league to some casual sports fan and how do you think they'll look? If the casual sports fan cares at all, I think they'd see it as a positive move.

McLeod and Shepherd have shown time and time again that they care very little for the integrity of the game. They don't care for the spirit of the game either. All they care about is their own professional self images and institutionalized parity.

My guess is that Malone won't be able to play on Friday but will play on Saturday.

Since Rowney and Malone won't play on Friday, I'm sure we'll see Bruneteau and Davidson. The question is, who will take Malone's spot on that line? Do they break up the Nelson line? Or do they put Bruneteau on that line?

Good luck Wilbur.

We're in a reactionary era of sports. I truly believe that if Malone is given a lengthy suspension (to me, this means more than 2 games), then McLeod and Shepherd can claim that they are truly concerned about the players well being. Sure, that's an out and out lie, but look around you at where the NHL and especially the NFL is going in terms of physical play. Also, it makes them look good, so to speak, with anyone and everyone not truly familiar with the situation and the rules of the game. In other words, present the act, the aftermath (what happened and is happening to Martin), and the reaction by the league to some casual sports fan and how do you think they'll look? If the casual sports fan cares at all, I think they'd see it as a positive move.

McLeod and Shepherd have shown time and time again that they care very little for the integrity of the game. They don't care for the spirit of the game either. All they care about is their own professional self images and institutionalized parity.

My guess is that Malone won't be able to play on Friday but will play on Saturday.

Since Rowney and Malone won't play on Friday, I'm sure we'll see Bruneteau and Davidson. The question is, who will take Malone's spot on that line? Do they break up the Nelson line? Or do they put Bruneteau on that line?

Move Nelson up. Since Kristo either stick handles around 4 guys then has his shot blocked or turns the puck over no one else on that line gets to touch the puck anyway.

I know he is very talented but I think he needs to learn to play with out the puck and use his teamates, especally at even strength. It is not unusual to see him waving his stick or tapping the ice calling for the puck. It drives me crazy! Sat against Denver he skated straight over to Blook and I thought he was going to steal the puck from him. Once Kristo realized he wasn't going to get it he made a good play and took off up ice and Blood hit him for a break away.

End Vent.

Move Nelson up. Since Kristo either stick handles around 4 guys then has his shot blocked or turns the puck over no one else on that line gets to touch the puck anyway.

I know he is very talented but I think he needs to learn to play with out the puck and use his teamates, especally at even strength. It is not unusual to see him waving his stick or tapping the ice calling for the puck. It drives me crazy! Sat against Denver he skated straight over to Blook and I thought he was going to steal the puck from him. Once Kristo realized he wasn't going to get it he made a good play and took off up ice and Blood hit him for a break away.

End Vent.

Yeah, he is that at times.

At other times, he is the only player on the ice willing just to throw the puck on net.

I'll always be a fan of that. It's why I was a fan of Nick Fuher too.