SiouxSports.com Forum

Lamar @ UND

SiouxMD

Just saw on Tom Miller's Twitter that Jake Landry is done for the year (last 4 games) with a knee injury. Hmm.

Hopefully, Muss puts in Chris Comes or Trey Demler to start getting some experience. If they struggle, I suppose Goska could play.

I would certainly hope no red-shirts are pulled at this point in the season. I'd like to see Goska play, and run some option rather than pull a red-shirt. You also have Hendrickson who could switch back to QB, as he hasn't played much at receiver. Best case scenario is to rotate Goska and either Nichols or Hendrickson, and wait until next year to put Comes or Demler in there. If nothing else, at least we'll know by the end of the year if any of the non-red shirts has any chance whatsoever to be the starter next year.

I would certainly hope no red-shirts are pulled at this point in the season. I'd like to see Goska play, and run some option rather than pull a red-shirt. You also have Hendrickson who could switch back to QB, as he hasn't played much at receiver.

Wait a minute, do Comes and Demler have shirts on? I thought last year was their redshirt season. Of course you can't play them if they are redshirting....

EDIT:

Yeah, my bad, I must have been too excited. I just saw this is their first year in the program. With all the recruiting news you hear about a year or more before they get to UND, seems like they have been here for a long time.

So now, Goska is the man for the rest of the year I guess.

Just saw on Tom Miller's Twitter that Jake Landry is done for the year (last 4 games) with a knee injury.

I don't Twitter so I pulled these off of SiouxSports...

No denying Landry's toughness. Played a quarter on a torn ACL in his last game ever, and he did the same thing in first game ever vs. GVSU

Football by tommillergf on Oct 26, 2010 03:11:25 PM

Sioux will roll with Jr. Brent Goska at QB. It'll be interesting to see if their offensive style changes drastically. Goska is run-oriented.

Football by tommillergf on Oct 26, 2010 03:07:35 PM

I went to UND's preseason scrimmage in 2007 and I remember Dale Lennon telling me that he thought Goska compared favorably with former Grand Valley QB Cullen Finnerty. I hope Goska can play at that level for the next year and a half. :)

It will be very interesting to see what the offensive game plan is on Saturday. To date, when Goska has played it has seemingly been quarterback keepers about 80% of the time. Clearly that won't work long term. Will we seem some option? Can Goska be accurate on short and intermediate passes? If Murray can't play, can Sutton and Miller pick up the slack?

Sioux-Cardinals Preview

Our Prediction

Lamar is no pushover and is a very athletic and talented team. We have some concerns about the defense against their spread attack out of the gun. It is paramount that the UND secondary make plays this week and tackle to eliminate the yards after the catch to get off the field on 3rd down. To aid the secondary, the defense also needs to get pressure on the QB.

At the beginning of the season, we said this team would go as far as Jake Landry could take it. With Jake out now, Brent Goska has the keys to the car. This game could be a precursor of things to come down the stretch.

UND 34

Lamar 26

I could live with that score and a "W".

Go Sioux!!!!

Goska overthrows a receiver on third down and they punt from the Lamar 37, and the Sioux down it at the one. C'mon defense.....

Sounds like there is some success running the ball, but Goska needs to settle down on the pass. I'm still afraid that the Lamar passing game will burn the Sioux......

And the Sioux can't convert - 4th down at the 37 again. Downed at the one again, but UND flagged for interference with the return man. Stupid penalties are hurting us so far with field position. Not sure where they're spotting it, but assuming out around the 25.

EDIT - they have it at their own 20.