SiouxSports.com Forum

Fire Mussman

darell1976

Mediocre conference that has your ex-und coach with one of its teams? So, you think Lennon is in a bad conference? Funny

The conference has a terrible record this season in out of conference play and Lennon's team has been a tremendous disappointment. I really have no problem saying that Lennon's squad has underperformed this season since it's the truth. He'd probably admit the same if he were to comment on his team's performance.

That being said after watching the SDSU-Youngstown State and NDSU-ISU yesterday I'd be shocked if the MVFC get's more than one team in the playoffs this season.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Mediocre conference that has your ex-und coach with one of its teams? So, you think Lennon is in a bad conference? Funny

Current overall records of the teams in the Missouri Valley Football Conference:

Missouri Valley Conference Overall

Northern Iowa 4 3

Western Illinois 5 3

South Dakota State 3 4

Indiana State 4 3

Illinois State 4 4

Missouri State 3 4

Southern Illinois 3 4

N. Dakota St. 5 3

Youngstown State 3 5

Total is 1 game over .500 if my math is correct. That looks like the definition of a mediocre conference so far this year. Whether Dale coaches in the league or not isn't a factor in whether the league itself is mediocre.

Have you ever added anything to a conversation on this board or do you just like coming over here to take shots?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Current overall records of the teams in the Missouri Valley Football Conference:

Missouri Valley Conference Overall

Northern Iowa 4 3

Western Illinois 5 3

South Dakota State 3 4

Indiana State 4 3

Illinois State 4 4

Missouri State 3 4

Southern Illinois 3 4

N. Dakota St. 5 3

Youngstown State 3 5

Total is 1 game over .500 if my math is correct. That looks like the definition of a mediocre conference so far this year. Whether Dale coaches in the league or not isn't a factor in whether the league itself is mediocre.

Have you ever added anything to a conversation on this board or do you just like coming over here to take shots?

Looks like NDSU is 5-3 with 1 FBS win. NOT BAD IMO.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Looks like NDSU is 5-3 with 1 FBS win. NOT BAD IMO.

Good for NDSU. It doesn't mean that the entire conference isn't mediocre. And I believe that NDSU is 2 3 in that mediocre conference. Not exactly bragging material.

And you hoping that UND beats Montana doesn't add anything to the conversation. I think your reading comprehension could use some work. Or maybe you need to review the meanings to works like "mediocre", "add" and "comprehension".

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Good for NDSU. It doesn't mean that the entire conference isn't mediocre. And I believe that NDSU is 2 3 in that mediocre conference. Not exactly bragging material.

And you hoping that UND beats Montana doesn't add anything to the conversation. I think your reading comprehension could use some work. Or maybe you need to review the meanings to works like "mediocre", "add" and "comprehension".

I'd bet you are one of the idiots talking up hockey on egriz. Reality check, they don't care about hockey, nobody does.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

I'd bet you are one of the idiots talking up hockey on egriz. Reality check, they don't care about hockey, nobody does.

Sorry to disappoint you. I don't post on any other school's board. I do go and read some others to find out what others are thinking. But I'm not crass and obtuse enough to go on another board and take shots at the people that post on those boards. I do take offense at you calling people idiots.

Whether you believe it or not, people do care about hockey. We know that you don't. Probably not everyone on egriz cares about hockey. But it is an important part of the UND athletic department. If makes more money and brings more attention than any other sport at UND. It is the reason that UND has a contract with Fox College Sports for football, men's and women's basketball, women's hockey and volleyball. Does NDSU have national TV coverage for any of those sports? I don't think they do.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Sorry to disappoint you. I don't post on any other school's board. I do go and read some others to find out what others are thinking. But I'm not crass and obtuse enough to go on another board and take shots at the people that post on those boards. I do take offense at you calling people idiots.

Whether you believe it or not, people do care about hockey. We know that you don't. Probably not everyone on egriz cares about hockey. But it is an important part of the UND athletic department. If makes more money and brings more attention than any other sport at UND. It is the reason that UND has a contract with Fox College Sports for football, men's and women's basketball, women's hockey and volleyball. Does NDSU have national TV coverage for any of those sports? I don't think they do.

You are right, we don't, but we have games on statewide NBC, do you?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

You are right, we don't, but we have games on statewide NBC, do you?

That is cool I guess....but FCS can be picked up by everyone in the state fairly easy, so it could be said the Sioux are on statewide as well. PLUS, and this is huge, our games don't prevent fans of FBS football from seeing their favorite squads play on national NBC broadcasts. I have heard plenty of complaints about "the damn bison game is on so I can't watch the matchup of _____________ vs. _____________"

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

That is cool I guess....but FCS can be picked up by everyone in the state fairly easy, so it could be said the Sioux are on statewide as well. PLUS, and this is huge, our games don't prevent fans of FBS football from seeing their favorite squads play on national NBC broadcasts. I have heard plenty of complaints about "the damn bison game is on so I can't watch the matchup of _____________ vs. _____________"

haha, but, we are on statewide nbc. I looked for your game lastnight, didn't find it, what channel was it on?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

As I look at this season, and Muss' overall record, it's VERY difficult to describe the situation as being "right on track". I don't see this team as "right on track" to winning a Great West title, let alone having an overall record good enough to get an at large bid to the playoffs. What am I missing?

I believe what you're missing is the second half of the sentence: ". . . for two years from now when you'll be playoff eligible."

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

No seriously, if all the FB games are televised better than NDSU, what channel was it on? I have Direct TV and couldn't find it. Smack aside, what channel was it on then?

I don't believe anyone said that all the football games were televised better than NDSU. I think you're making up arguments in your head again. 3 football games are being televised nationwide (that means statewide in North Dakota plus statewide for all of the other 49 states) on Fox College Sports. That makes it available in more than 64 million homes. They are also broadcast on Midcontinent cable which covers most of North Dakota, South Dakota and part of Minnesota. The South Dakota game was also broadcast on the Midcontinent cable network. Those are the games I know off the top of my head, some of the others may have been broadcast on television. The game last night was not available locally on television. It was a road game from California. It was available on a free webcast. Sorry you missed it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't believe anyone said that all the football games were televised better than NDSU. I think you're making up arguments in your head again. 3 football games are being televised nationwide (that means statewide in North Dakota plus statewide for all of the other 49 states) on Fox College Sports. That makes it available in more than 64 million homes. They are also broadcast on Midcontinent cable which covers most of North Dakota, South Dakota and part of Minnesota. The South Dakota game was also broadcast on the Midcontinent cable network. Those are the games I know off the top of my head, some of the others may have been broadcast on television. The game last night was not available locally on television. It was a road game from California. It was available on a free webcast. Sorry you missed it.

Yeah, watched the Sioux fold, so yes, I did see it. No conference wins this year. Can I post DaveK's quote again?

Yeah, watched the Sioux fold, so yes, I did see it. No conference wins this year. Can I post DaveK's quote again?

Can I go over to Bisonville and find something stupid you've said so I can post it here repeatedly? I'm pretty sure that it wouldn't be too hard. Even other posters on Bville seem to get tired of the things you post over there.

Can I go over to Bisonville and find something stupid you've said so I can post it here repeatedly? I'm pretty sure that it wouldn't be too hard. Even other posters on Bville seem to get tired of the things you post over there.

But I'm not on BV right now, I'm here making Sioux FB look ridiculous.

• Downvote 1

2 games left to make you relevant, U of M and SDSU. If you don't win either, or any of those, might as go back to playing Mankato in the DII playoffs at the tin shed.

I'm pretty sure that UND still has a chance to make the FCS playoffs before the mighty Bison. After all, NDSU has been playoff eligible for a couple of years now and hasn't come close. They will have to win a couple of games here soon to get it done this year. I'm not going to get too excited if a transition team has a losing record. By the way, what is the NDSU playoff record for games hosted in the Fargodome?

No way UND has a chance to make the playoffs before NDSU unless you get into the big sky. You haven't won a conference game this year, you are a complete joke. UND football is a JOKE.

UND still has a couple of years of transition, so they won't make the playoffs until they finish those. But I'm pretty sure that NDSU has been eligible for a couple of years now. They have, haven't they? How has that gone so far? They may have to win out this season to make the playoffs. Do you think they're going to do that? If not, that still leaves the door open for UND to make it first. What was the joke again?

You didn't answer my question about Fargodome playoff games. What is NDSU's record in Fargodome playoff games? Is that the great tradition that you're so proud of?