SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Coaches Show

PCM

Can everyone just stop analyzing every little issue for a little bit.  It is early in the season, there is still a lot of hockey to play.  The power play will come along.  A lot of people on here think they are a better coach than Blais and a better player than Parise.

Of coarse I know more about coaching than Blaiser. That's why he has my home, work and cell phone numbers....so he can call me at anytime to get my expert opinion on the transition game, power play, penalty kill, line combinations, goalie rotation, recruiting and pinochle. RING....RING....RING, oh there's the phone, I suppose he wants to ask me how to improve Bochenski's shot now. Or else Denny and Butch are cleaning up in a card game. :D

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True, but you'll notice that Blais also puts some of the responsibility for the transition game on the forwards. They have to work to get open and some of them aren't. They have to handle the outlet passes and some of them don't. They have to quickly make good decisions with the puck and that's not happening enough.

Blais mentioned that part of the problem was the young forwards. I'm sure that they'll get better. I also think that between some of the nagging injuries, new line combinations, new defensive pairings, lack of practice time and the disjointed start to the season, the team hasn't jelled as quickly as it normally would. As Andy Schneider said, they haven't really gotten into a rhythm yet.

This series against Yale should give us a better idea of how things are coming together. With the exception of the third period in the first game against Boston College, I don't think that we've seen just how good this team can be.

Fair enough. I'm just anxious to see the transition game get rolling and it's been a few years....

... and pinochle. RING....RING....RING, oh there's the phone, I suppose he wants to ask me how to improve Bochenski's shot now. Or else Denny and Butch are cleaning up in a card game. :D

Hey, I rock at pinochle! My grandpa and I can take anyone on. Just name the time and place. ;)

I wouldn't hold my breath, I just checked it & it's the same ol' static sound. Can someone pls. call the station (the Fox?) Friday & check on it? Pretty please? This will be the 3rd weekend in a row it hasn't worked...

I did some research on yale athletics and im 99.9 percent sure they have an online broadcast. That is better than nothing.

Can everyone just stop analyzing every little issue for a little bit. It is early in the season, there is still a lot of hockey to play. The power play will come along. A lot of people on here think they are a better coach than Blais and a better player than Parise.

Gee, and that would be unlike you and your analysis of Gaborik, a topic not even germane to UND hockey?? :D If you don't want to read about it, skip over.

Anybody want to start taking bets on whether the internet broadcast works tomorrow ?

No way, I missed 3-4 games last year because those stupid links/servers were not working. When you are 2000 miles away from ND, and spend all week looking forward to listening to the games, it really sucks to not be able to get the broadcast to work... :D

I wouldn't hold my breath, I just checked it & it's the same ol' static sound. Can someone pls. call the station (the Fox?) Friday & check on it? Pretty please? This will be the 3rd weekend in a row it hasn't worked...

Ok, maybe you are using a different link than the one I used, but usually you can't hear anything on the internet broadcast link until a half hour before game time. Are you using the link at www.fightingsioux.com? That's the one that I used, and that's the one that wouldn't always work for me.

Ok, maybe you are using a different link than the one I used, but usually you can't hear anything on the internet broadcast link until a half hour before game time.

Not true, when the servers are up and running, you can connect to 96.1 streaming audio anytime, including week days, you'll just get the programming that's on at the time, usually music. The links are the same on all sites:

http://134.129.201.95/hockeym

A server is currently down. Will it be up later today-who knows. Email someone at http://www.undalumni.org and let them know it isn't working today, again. They are not responsible for the audio (I don't think), but they do try to help out.

I maintain this is an elaborate conspiracy to sell more Dataflix clips

You could be right SFiP. I don't mind listening to foreign announcers, so there's usually an audio feed for either the home or the visiting team. The only WCHA team that I have not found one for is Denver, and they do have one, but they make you pay for the audio (what makes them think Denver hockey is worth paying to hear?). :D

Michigan state up 3-0 on ferris. They're only 4 minutes in.

How come Denver didn't send their fox announcers to minny? I'm watching fox rocky mountain, but have to put up with the babbling half paying attention frank micrappo. I think the Booger is doing color? I'd be a ticked off Denver fan right now having to listen to those two.

Wait a minute. I'm a ticked off sioux fan having to listen to those two!