SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs MDU

sprig

I think I care more now about UND women's hockey than I do about the football team. I hope it was a great crowd.

I am also heading in that direction.

Great win by the ladies! They will hold their place in the rankings, or possibly climb a spot or two with this weekend's results.

Great game today! Sioux scored 24 seconds into the game and then took control in the 2nd. Ney had a great game in net and the twins were all over the ice but what impressed me is how well the rest of the team played. I was at the first game against BU and the twins looked head and shoulders above the rest of the team. A week later now the rest of the team played 10 times better than last week. This really was a team win today.

What I also liked was the game had a great atmosphere. Crowd reported at 1,400 and change (seemed bigger) and they were into it. The band was great (as always) but the crowd really was into the game and when there were good plays they were recognized with loud cheers. I think it was the third goal, the crowd erupted and for a quick second I thought I was at a mens game! They even used the Noise Meter on the video board with good success.

I had a great time, much better then the BU game last week. The team is very entertaining! Good job girls, keep working hard and good luck at Minnesota next weekend!

I was at the football game yesterday too, I think my interest is more with womens hockey too.

Great win by the ladies! They will hold their place in the rankings, or possibly climb a spot or two with this weekend's results.

Agreed. So far, it looks like New Hampshire, who was ahead of UND in the polls, took back-to-back losses to unranked teams; I haven't seen the complete weekend results from across the country to get a clearer perspective on what the forth-coming poll might look like. So, at least, with the Sioux taking one from the Number 1 team in the land coupled with two NH losses, the Sioux should inch up a bit. I am sure Idalski could care less about the polls, though; just nice eye candy for us!

Way to go, ladies!

I think I care more now about UND women's hockey than I do about the football team. I hope it was a great crowd.

Good lord, step away from the ledge!

Good lord, step away from the ledge!

I know it sounds crazy, but THIS year, I am more interested in the women's hockey program.

I can't believe it myself. I first realized it last week, when both games were on TV at the same time. I watched the hockey game wayyy more than I thought I would, missing out on a good number of football plays.

Lets not turn this thread into a football one though, we can tear apart the football team on the football page.

One person's definition of 3 types of fans.

1) The first group is the committed fans. The definition of commit is to, "pledge or obligate oneself." The committed fan is in support of their favorite team no matter what. Win or lose the committed fan can regularly be heard singing the praises of individual team members, the coach, and the team as a whole.

The committed fan does not mean any harm to any other team but will not be swayed against the team they love. The committed fan simply enjoys watching their favorite team play. The committed fan either grew up in a household where the family supported that particular team or the committed fan simply grew their own attachment to the team.

Either way, the committed fan will never disappoint the team and will always support them.

2) The second group is the obnoxious fans. The definition of obnoxious is, "annoying or objectionable due to being a showoff or attracting undue attention to oneself."

This group can also be termed the "bar fight" group. This group also loves their team but their support is extreme. The obnoxious fan regularly speaks ill of other teams even when those teams are performing well. The obnoxious fan will never admit their team is having a bad game even if the team is down by 40 points.

The obnoxious fan is loud and overbearing and often makes watching the game a miserable time for everyone. The obnoxious sports fan always thinks it is unfair when their team loses. It is either the refs fault, the other team's fault, or their team threw the game on purpose to extend the series and sell more tickets.

The obnoxious fan also typically speaks of the team as if they personally know everyone on the team and as if they own stock in the team. This type of fan sucks the fun out of any sporting event in a relatively short amount of time.

3) The third group is the bandwagon fans. The definition of bandwagon is, "a party, cause, or movement, that by its mass appeal, or strength, readily attracts many followers." This group can also be termed the "fairweather" group. This group of fans likes whatever team is doing well that season.

This group of fans may have spoken quite ill of a team the season before but if that same team is doing well in the subsequent season, the bandwagon fan is now the team's biggest supporter. The bandwagon fan wants everyone to believe that the team they currently support is the team they have always supported. However, one look through the bandwagon fan's closet will show you how many team jerseys they have worn over the years.

Do you recognize any of these people?