SiouxSports.com Forum

Great Student Turnout

Let'sGoHawks!

I think this is worth its own heading. I was impressed by the student turnout and involvement during the game. They were pounding on the seats in front of them, and had good involvement. Sure, most left at halftime, but a lot of people did. Also, for the first time that I can ever remember, the PA announcer directed a giveaway to the student section directly, it was nice to hear them get some recognition, even if it was only for some T shirts or mini footballs!

Hopefully, the turnout is as good this week against an FCS opponent. Lets show Northwestern State of Louisiana how we do it up here in North Dakota!

Now, rest of GF and area, get out and support the team!

I think this is worth its own heading. I was impressed by the student turnout and involvement during the game. They were pounding on the seats in front of them, and had good involvement. Sure, most left at halftime, but a lot of people did. Also, for the first time that I can ever remember, the PA announcer directed a giveaway to the student section directly, it was nice to hear them get some recognition, even if it was only for some T shirts or mini footballs!

Hopefully, the turnout is as good this week against an FCS opponent. Lets show Northwestern State of Louisiana how we do it up here in North Dakota!

Now, rest of GF and area, get out and support the team!

I will be there...in front of my tv on Fox College Sports cheering as loud as I can to annoy my Bison neighbors. :lol:

I believe they had the Nickelback song "Burn it Down" during the intro video, but it was barely audible I thought. A very minor part of the whole production.

I didn't recognize the song the audible was horrible on the video. Its funny how they still have the "How we got the nickname" video still going...all for nothing.

I posted this over on Bisonville too......

U WYO is getting agressive in getting the students out to the FB game. I think it was just short of 5,000 students at the Boise State game. They have started a new program called "The Stampede". It is basically a student fan/booster club that you can join for $10 a year (and you get a t-shirt). This seems to be working and it is probably a good way to develop students into potential donors to the University once they graduate. I have not seen anything like this at NDSU and it may be worth looking at.

Here is the linky to the U WYO web site....

http://www.uwstampede.com/

This is all a part of the Dept of Athletic Marketing.

Click on the link called "The Dirt" and you will see this kind of information:

The Players:

# 5 Jason Robinson- This criminal is exactly the kind of player coach Peterson loves to recruit. He broke a man

U WYO is getting agressive in getting the students out to the FB game. I think it was just short of 5,000 students at the Boise State game. They have started a new program called "The Stampede". It is basically a student fan/booster club that you can join for $10 a year (and you get a t-shirt). This seems to be working and it is probably a good way to develop students into potential donors to the University once they graduate. I have not seen anything like this at NDSU and it may be worth looking at.

The Players:

# 5 Jason Robinson- This criminal is exactly the kind of player coach Peterson loves to recruit. He broke a man

The Players:

The Players:

# 5 Jason Robinson- This criminal is exactly the kind of player coach Peterson loves to recruit. He broke a man's jaw last February in a Boise bar. Boise police have charged him with aggravated battery which could land him in jail for up to 15 years.

# 94 Byron Hout- This tough guy made national news by getting knocked out by Oregon's RB LeGarrette Blount, but it was all right Byron because your face stopped the punch. Maybe if you didn't run your mouth so much after winning you wouldn't get punched. Here is the link to the video - come on, it's hilarious.

# 99 Michael Atkinson

I know I sound like an old bastard when I say this, but the students are different today. Geez......during a home game when I was in school, the dorms were empty. Everyone was at the game. It is especially noticable at BB games that the student attendance at NDSU is maybe 1/4 to 1/5 of what it was when I was in school. Football is better, but then again, now the students are stuck with not the greatest seats.

Anyway......eventhough I am an old bastard, a college game of any kind has no atmosphere without students.

.......end old bastard rant.......

I thought the student section was great. They had a very good turnout. My season tickets are right across the aisle from the student section, so I always love when they show up and are really into the game.

But the game attendence overall was pretty disappointing. We couldn't even break 10,000 for the first game of the season which was also Potato Bowl? Where is the interest in the program?

I understand it was a blowout, but it would also be nice to see everyone stick around longer. (I am referring to the entire crowd, not just the students)

I thought the student section was great. They had a very good turnout. My season tickets are right across the aisle from the student section, so I always love when they show up and are really into the game.

But the game attendence overall was pretty disappointing. We couldn't even break 10,000 for the first game of the season which was also Potato Bowl? Where is the interest in the program?

I understand it was a blowout, but it would also be nice to see everyone stick around longer. (I am referring to the entire crowd, not just the students)

I hear you, but the top three "fan-interest" games, as I like to think of them, are all away games this year: South Dakota, South Dakota State, and Montana. Once we start getting our old rivals plus some new geographically-relevant ones, like Montana and Montana State, people will be filling the Alerus.

Also, I can't wait until NDSU returns. Goes without saying.

I also felt it could have been better being Potato Bowl/home opener and such........but I was somewhat happy with the turnout............

When you consider the opponent, two consecutive 6 win seasons, an 0-2 start that included a 45 point drubbing, sub-par home performances against NAIA teams last season, and the fact that we couldn't crack 7,000 for attendance for last season's Cal Poly game (which leads me to question how knowledgeable our football fans are), I was satisfied by the turnout, and especially by the students. It seemed like the the east side was nearly as full as it could be. IMO, all things considered, it could have been a lot worse than 9,700............