SiouxSports.com Forum

Proposal aired to combine NDSU and UND!

WYOBISONMAN

A couple questions for Mr. Kiefer:

1. Why were all the business names removed from the "members" area of the website set up for this alleged campaign?
  2. Is the reference to Tom Clifford still there?
  3. Do you use his name (former distinguished UND President Tom Clifford) to get the "UND vote"? Or did you truly have a conversation with him concerning this exact proposal you are setting forth and had his blessing on the matter?

1. For someone who doesn't even use his name on this forum I am surprised you would have questions on the extent of information provided.

2. In order to be a member or a supporter you either have be a committee member or just support the idea of having a thorough and complete debate on this matter as the facts, additional information, and pertinent details become available.

3. Mr Clifford, or Tom as he wanted to be called, and I developed a solid friendship after he left the office of president at UND.

4. Tom's eyes sparkled when discussions surfaced that had the potential of improving things in Our Great State, whether you want to believe that I shared these ideas with him and received others in return is totally up to you,

5. I couldn't hold a candle to Tom, as a person, but I can surely hold him in my memories as a friend.

6. Our website is a work in progress and modifications I am sure will continue going forward.

7. Tom and I shared one other thing. please call me Bill. :):)

How is this being funded? How much does it cost to put something like this for a vote? 4% of 646,844 (2009 est.) is 25,873 that is a lot of signatures....Good luck!!

Do not worry public or institutional money from NDSU and UND are not part of the mix. As the old sports saying goes "We would rather be lucky than good"! Thank you for the encouragement! Please visit our website www.teamnorthdakota.com for additional information now and going forward. :):)

Everyone, we are all just playing into Bull's hand, excuse me, Bill's hand, when we banter back and forth. That is what he wants. I know, it's frustrating, but he's like MPLS Bison, he has to keep dragging people into his argument. Time to move on and ignore Bull (and MPLS Bison).

• Downvote 1

Everyone, we are all just playing into Bull's hand, excuse me, Bill's hand, when we banter back and forth. That is what he wants. I know, it's frustrating, but he's like MPLS Bison, he has to keep dragging people into his argument. Time to move on and ignore Bull (and MPLS Bison).

More than Bull, that type of thinking is probably just plain BS. Now unless you don't have a sense of humor that should generate at least a snicker or two! :):)

So was the Declaration of Independence in the beginning, Jefferson shouldn't have made the Lousiana Purchase, Ed Melroe's combine attachment will never get off the ground, Sanford will never buy Meritcare, Grand Forks will lose it's airbase. How is that for openers! I promise not to wink at you anymore.

You're comparing Apples to skate boards this isn't the same thing and its not going to happen. I mean come on; your proposal is a non starter, there is not going to be a consolidation of the two biggest schools in North Dakota. What your suggesting is incoherent and outside the realm of believability.

Someone start a counter-proposal to combine all Mayville, Valley city, Dickenson and Minot into a single school. That would save far more money.

Do we want to start a proposal for a high speed rail as well connecting all of said schools?

I talked to Mr. Clifford...errr...Tom, too. It's funny because he always talked about this idiot kook with his insane ideas but always had a smile on his face in amusement. The sparkle in his eyes were the tears of laughter he was holding in listening to your half-brained ideas.

There will be a cure for cancer, an alien invasion, world peace, and California will finally break off into the Pacific Ocean long before this ever happens. And, what's funny is, you actually think it will make the state better. None of this matters anyways...the world ends in just over two years ya know.

I talked to Mr. Clifford...errr...Tom, too. It's funny because he always talked about this idiot kook with his insane ideas but always had a smile on his face in amusement. The sparkle in his eyes were the tears of laughter he was holding in listening to your half-brained ideas.

There will be a cure for cancer, an alien invasion, world peace, and California will finally break off into the Pacific Ocean long before this ever happens. And, what's funny is, you actually think it will make the state better. None of this matters anyways...the world ends in just over two years ya know.

YOU ALL HAVE A CHOICE, WATCH US OR JOIN US! IT'S SHAME YOU WOULD MOCK TOM CLIFFORD'S MEMORY!

YOU ALL HAVE A CHOICE, WATCH US OR JOIN US! IT'S SHAME YOU WOULD MOCK TOM CLIFFORD'S MEMORY!

Obviously you know nothing about "netiquette" because it is consider rude to type in all caps. But then, it's rude of you to be here promoting your nit-witted idea anyway. It's obvious you are just trolling, trying irritate people. I don't go to Bisonville, but I've been told that they put restrictions on you or banned you over there. You seem to be an unwanted step child everywhere.

• Downvote 1

Obviously you know nothing about "netiquette" because it is consider rude to type in all caps. But then, it's rude of you to be here promoting your nit-witted idea anyway. It's obvious you are just trolling, trying irritate people. I don't go to Bisonville, but I've been told that they put restrictions on you or banned you over there. You seem to be an unwanted step child everywhere.

Vaya Con Dios Amigo or Amiga!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your contributions Mr. Quixote!

Sorry to break the news to you Grampa...it's 2010 and tilting at windmills isn't considered original or even marginally funny anymore but thanks anyway! :)

Sorry, but I am not a Grandfather yet! Our momentum continues to grow relentlessly, irrespective of your snide remarks, lack of cohesive thinking, and total disregard for vision and positive change for our Great State. I respect your opinion and that's the way it will remain as Team North Dakota continues to move forward. :):)

• Downvote 3

Sorry, but I am not a Grandfather yet! Our momentum continues to grow relentlessly, irrespective of your snide remarks, lack of cohesive thinking, and total disregard for vision and positive change for our Great State. I respect your opinion and that's the way it will remain as Team North Dakota continues to move forward. :):)

Mr. Kiefer I appreciate your wanting to make things better within the NDUS and I respect that. If so be it will be decided by the great people of this state. No one person or group can ultimately decide the fate of this issue without the consent of the people. So you sir go move forward "relentlessly" and if be the people will answer your question. Yah or Nah.

Delusions of Grandeur...

Mr. Kiefer I appreciate your wanting to make things better within the NDUS and I respect that. If so be it will be decided by the great people of this state. No one person or group can ultimately decide the fate of this issue without the consent of the people. So you sir go move forward "relentlessly" and if be the people will answer your question. Yah or Nah.

That, Sir, is all our group would like to see. A thorough airing of this issue, a debate and discussion based on facts, and finally an opportunity for the the people, now educated enough to make an informed choice.

Thank you!

That, Sir, is all our group would like to see. A thorough airing of this issue, a debate and discussion based on facts, and finally an opportunity for the the people, now educated enough to make an informed choice.

Thank you!

Bill, while I respect your right to advocate your position, I doubt that this will ever get enough sigs to even make the ballot ...... and if it does I would surely wager that this idea will see one of the largest defeats in the history of ballot measures. Bill.....it is pretty damn off the wall.....

Thank you!

Reality is...even if you could somehow convince the majority of ND people that this was a sound, reasonable idea...there are too many vested interests and people with power who will be against it. UND and NDSU are powerful, separate entities within the state of ND.

You might as well be proposing that the ND house and senate combine into a single entity. It really is the same thing, IMO. It just doesn't matter if you're right or wrong...it won't be allowed to happen.

You're not even fighting a losing battle...you plain have no army to begin with.

Reality is...even if you could somehow convince the majority of ND people that this was a sound, reasonable idea...there are too many vested interests and people with power who will be against it. UND and NDSU are powerful, separate entities within the state of ND.

You might as well be proposing that the ND house and senate combine into a single entity. It really is the same thing, IMO. It just doesn't matter if you're right or wrong...it won't be allowed to happen.

You're not even fighting a losing battle...you plain have no army to begin with.

The bolded item actually has been proposed, and hasn't gone very far. The people that proposed it were using Nebraska as an example, I believe they are the only unicameral legislature in the country.