SiouxSports.com Forum

No Huddle and Pistol

darell1976

Please tell me with this new offense we are going to see some high flying action on the field. Confused defenses and big time plays.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pistol_offense

Its an interesting formation and if your QB can run it can be a nightmare for defenses to stop because you have so many options...including "the option". Maybe Landry can be the next Dan Marino and light up the scoreboard with TD's.

Please tell me with this new offense we are going to see some high flying action on the field. Confused defenses and big time plays.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pistol_offense

Its an interesting formation and if your QB can run it can be a nightmare for defenses to stop because you have so many options...including "the option". Maybe Landry can be the next Dan Marino and light up the scoreboard with TD's.

If executed correctly it could be a lot of fun to watch. If you are going no huddle and 3 and out, not so much fun.

Only 9 more days. :)

• 2 weeks later...

With this new offense could UND become a passing team instead of a historically known rushing team. I haven't seen UND be a passing team since Kurt Otto in the mid 1980's.

In reality, I think it's already happened. (See media guide, page 124)

Based on total yards, it's been 1998 since UND had more yards rushing than passing. 2007 was basically 50/50 in yardage; but in 4 of the last 5 years the rushing has been under 40% of the total offensive yards.

We need to remember to put some bullets in the pistols next weekend.

And.... maybe put the pistol to our head. God this was awful. Worst performance in 40 years. First 3 plays determined outcome, slowwww QB run, QB pass 4 feet over receivers head, QB pass 6 feet wide of wide open tight end. Confidence builder for sure!!!