SiouxSports.com Forum

St. Cloud St. may drop football

UND92,96

Imagine if they and Mankato attempted to move to DI. :silly:

If SCSU is having issues, Bemidji, Southwest St, Winona, Mankato (dropped four sports), and Moorhead must all be feeling major pains

This is what I've been saying about Minnesota. Maybe the faculty being laid off or forced into early retirement can peddle for loose change by the National Hockey Center when they protest the Fighting Sioux nickname again. I'd sure hate to see SCSU cut FB because there is a lot of tradition there. Why would they build a big beautiful stadium a couple of years ago only to cut FB now? I don't think it's going to happen and this is a lot of scare tactics to get alumni to pony up. If you ask me, they should focus squarely and only on the faculty and administration for cuts. Think about it. Each one draws a salary of at least $60K, gets retirement contributions from SCSU, gets health insurance through SCSU, etc. I am sure there is all sorts of duplication that could be cut out.

This is what I've been saying about Minnesota. Maybe the faculty being laid off or forced into early retirement can peddle for loose change by the National Hockey Center when they protest the Fighting Sioux nickname again. I'd sure hate to see SCSU cut FB because there is a lot of tradition there. Why would they build a big beautiful stadium a couple of years ago only to cut FB now? I don't think it's going to happen and this is a lot of scare tactics to get alumni to pony up. If you ask me, they should focus squarely and only on the faculty and administration for cuts. Think about it. Each one draws a salary of at least $60K, gets retirement contributions from SCSU, gets health insurance through SCSU, etc. I am sure there is all sorts of duplication that could be cut out.

Great idea. I don't know why a school would need all of those teachers anyway. Maybe they should just fire all of the faculty so they can expand the athletic department.

Great idea. I don't know why a school would need all of those teachers anyway.

That's prescient of you. Excellent foresight. Actually, MSU-Mankato is laying off 82 faculty and administrators. A lot of us Minnesota taxpayers are the beneficiaries of the MnSCU enema. MnSCU is known in MN for its bloat and there's nothing that remedies bloat and waste and spurs ingenuity like a bad economy. Not to worry though, SCSU will cut football, economics, and accounting positions before they cut the absolutely essential whiteness studies and gender equality studies positions or the legion of intercessory sensitivity liaisons that "mediate" the traumas experienced by minority group members there.

According to the local paper football only costs the school $25,000 after you factor in the income and subtract the expenses so look for them to cut the other 8 sports instead. Perhaps this was just to shake up the boosters and being able to justify cutting the eight non-revenue sports which will of course bring lots of criticism from TItle IX supporters. Remember how it went when UND threatened to cut golf?

I believe our athletic department has become a very expensive social club. I sincerely hope the president cleans house at Halenbeck Hall!