SiouxSports.com Forum

Bemidji State Television Coverage

Millsy

I saw some discussion on some threads regarding television coverage of the games out of Bemidji to open the season. I have heard that Lakeland Public TV has bought the rights to telecast Beaver Hockey Home Games! This will increase the viewing market for BSU hockey as Lakeland Public TV not only covers an area from Canada to Little Falls over the air, but also shows up on DirectTV and DishNetwork as part of the Twin Cities market (I get it in the Alexandria area off of DirectTV). If they can line up all the sponsorships needed, it will be great exposure for the Green and White of Bemidji!

Can't wait for the season to start. I may have to miss the series though as my wife and I are expecting a little boy with a due date of October 14. But his sister was delivered by C-Section 10 days early, so maybe, just maybe, I will be able to get up to Bemidji for the opening of the BREC.

I saw some discussion on some threads regarding television coverage of the games out of Bemidji to open the season. I have heard that Lakeland Public TV has bought the rights to telecast Beaver Hockey Home Games! This will increase the viewing market for BSU hockey as Lakeland Public TV not only covers an area from Canada to Little Falls over the air, but also shows up on DirectTV and DishNetwork as part of the Twin Cities market (I get it in the Alexandria area off of DirectTV). If they can line up all the sponsorships needed, it will be great exposure for the Green and White of Bemidji!

Can't wait for the season to start. I may have to miss the series though as my wife and I are expecting a little boy with a due date of October 14. But his sister was delivered by C-Section 10 days early, so maybe, just maybe, I will be able to get up to Bemidji for the opening of the BREC.

your wife doesn't just want to schedule the C-section for before hockey season? :glare: That is kinda like what my mom did for me...she schedule my birth to be before an all school reunion....gotta have priorities.

It's all about priorities. :glare:

Lots of the UMD games used to be on WDIO in Duluth but went to charter.

yep. Thats why I had left my address with Dish Network as Duluth when I lived in the cities. To keep those locals. But according to WDIO they were losing too much money. That and the network was getting pissy because they were pre-empting too much network programming (showing it at 2:05 in the morning) made them leave

• Upvote 1

It's all about priorities. :glare:

I am hoping the C-Section will be 7-10 days early like it was for our first. That way I should be able to get away for a game, but probably not the whole weekend as I am sure my wife won't feel like traveling.

I am hoping the C-Section will be 7-10 days early like it was for our first. That way I should be able to get away for a game, but probably not the whole weekend as I am sure my wife won't feel like traveling.

You might have done some better planning last January :glare:

Maybe Direct tv will pick up the Charter games.

what Charter games?

If the 1st post is true and they are going to Lakeland PBS then folks who get KAWE/KAWB on cable/OTA or in the Minneapolis market for Dish/Direct can see the games

• Upvote 1

Here is an update on the possible Lakeland TV coverage of BSU Home Hockey Games from today's Bemidji Pioneer:

http://www.bemidjipioneer.com/event/article/id/100019339/

I hope they can find a way to get it on the main channel and not one of the alternates. The exposure to DirectTV and DishNetwork customers in the Twin Cities market would be huge. I can't get the over the air channels in the Alexandria area, but my DirectTV package has it. The BSU alumni that I know in this area would love to be able to see the home games if they can't get up to Bemidji for them.

I hope they can find a way to get it on the main channel and not one of the alternates. The exposure to DirectTV and DishNetwork customers in the Twin Cities market would be huge. I can't get the over the air channels in the Alexandria area, but my DirectTV package has it. The BSU alumni that I know in this area would love to be able to see the home games if they can't get up to Bemidji for them.

I agree...or if they want to do like Bucky does

They show games tape delayed at 10:30 on Wisco PBS and then the next day on "The Wisconsin Channel". I understand Lakeland PBS has to show the PBS stuff so why cant they show it on Lakeland Plus live and then tape delayed on the main network at say 11:00 or 10:30 after news?

If they stay on Lakeland Plus I might have to get that big ass UHF antenna set back up at the cabin on Mille Lacs for KAWB :glare:

I agree...or if they want to do like Bucky does

They show games tape delayed at 10:30 on Wisco PBS and then the next day on "The Wisconsin Channel". I understand Lakeland PBS has to show the PBS stuff so why cant they show it on Lakeland Plus live and then tape delayed on the main network at say 11:00 or 10:30 after news?

If they stay on Lakeland Plus I might have to get that big ass UHF antenna set back up at the cabin on Mille Lacs for KAWB :glare:

I like that idea. Let Lakeland Plus have the live broadcast and then push it out on the main network taped delayed either after the news or even the next morning/noonish.

maybe sprinkle some "big" games against say MN and UND on the main channel live like WDAZ does.

I could see doing that and adding Duluth to the mix since they are a northern Minnesota team. St. Cloud and Mankato, ehhh.... keep them on Plus.

checking the LPB website Friday nights they have real programming until 11:30 (news at 10, bbc news at 10:30 and PBS news at 11) but could tape delay them at 11:30..

Saturday nights are usually rerun night so if they tape delay them show them at say 10:00...no issues if they show them live

• 2 months later...

dang I was close in the prediction

If they stay on Lakeland Plus I might have to get that big ass UHF antenna set back up at the cabin on Mille Lacs for KAWB

• Upvote 1