SiouxSports.com Forum

Frozen Four News & Updates

NorthDakotaHockey

Alright, the mourning period is over. My boys just ended another great opportunity prematurely.

Just one of the many stories in this, my so-called life. So too did our Fighting Sioux end a great opportunity

prematurely. That of course bit the big green weenie - big time - as I was convinced that ShowTime would be coming

to legions of Sioux, Badger, and Wolverine fans to Ford Field next week. As they say in golf, never up. Never in.

That, too, has been one of the stories of my so-called life. Same for North Dakota Hockey, as we now move past

ten years since our last Championship Banner. What the hell is up with that? A curse of sorts? Lady Lakaluk?

Tight grips? Burn out? The other boys wanting it more? Some off nights? Heck, we've all had those. Hell, that's why we call it hockey.

Anyway, after the annual knashing of teeth and wringing of hands, I remind myself that now is a good time for

me to remember that there are many many more important things in life than some stupid hockey games, and a big ream

of stitched cloth hanging from a rafter. As Hak reminded us in his ESPN bit, it's the tradition. I am also reminded how extremely tough

it actually is to win a title in college hockey. And how fortunate North Dakota Hockey is to have seven

of them. The really big ones anyway. I am sure that the coaching staff and the boys who actually play the game are

a thousand times more crushed than I am. The tradition. I was convinced, absolutely convinced, all season long,

and especially with the 12-1 run right before the end of the season, and especially with the parity in college hockey this year,

and especially with RIT smoking Denver, that the Fighting Sioux would reign supreme in this, perhaps their last year as the Fighting Sioux.

No such luck. Frickin Ricken Fracking Rats.

So, with a handful of great Frozen Four seats that are apparently not worth a dime for a college game to be played in a pro football stadium,

I pouted. Mildly. Until now. Then, I remembered that this is the Frozen Four. College hockey. Great fans. Great fun.

Great games. Regardless of who is playing. Heck, it's only 680 miles. A puff to the wind in a Ford Exploder with 170,000 clicks.

680 lousy little clicks to the great City of Detroit, to the Ford Field, to the Dearborn, Michigan, to the gates of the greatest of all American corporations still standing,

the Ford Motor Company. Why shouldn't we go? It was planned. While it sure helps, I sure don't need the Sioux or its legions of fans to

have a great time at the Frozen Four, eh?

So, here we go. The CCHA website, as host, is pretty cool. Find it here. CCHA-Frozen Four

Among other things are photos of the ice going in. Heck, it ain't looking ain't so bad on the sight lines, not with the tickets we have anyway.

Couldn't sell 'em for a nickel and that's a bit of a problem financially. Thank God it is only money. Money comes. Money goes. Sioux hockey is forever.

It is truly amazing how other fans of other teams do not travel very strong.

RIT has an excuse. They don't have any fans. Until now. Wisconsin fans will wait to see if they win on Thursday before taking any interest.

Heck, they could not even sell out their regional a few years ago and their showing last week in The West was pathetic. BC fans are fairly plentiful,

but I can't talk to them for too long before correcting them on their grammar or mocking them on their accent. All of the sudden, they

simply excuse themselves. Miami fans? I first met 'em at The West in Colorado Springs the year that Denver shaved us 1-0 to go to Boston.

Miami lost a close one to Denver the night before. We ate sandwiches with the Redhawks at the Subway back before the school gave Enrico a pre-game meal

budget. We met some more Miami fans at The Ralph this year. Good folks. Miami is reputed to have graduated some loose women, although this does

not matter to me as I am a kept man. Miami choked it off in D.C. last year in the final seconds and I can relate with the poor fans who witnessed that.

Miami has Brendan Burke pulling some strings up in the Big House. If Brendan gets the strings pulled up there, someone needs to do a calling on Ralph to

do the same.

Yes. I will cheer for Miami. Is this wrong? I have always lauded the WCHA as the greatest conference in the land. I have already seen, at the Final Five,

five games, probably all of which will be better than anything waiting in Detroit. So, do I really want or need Wisconsin to win to carry the WCHA mantel?

Hell no. BC? Ah, no. RIT? For a game, maybe two. Miami? To beat BC, and then Wisconsin? They would truly be deserving National Champs.

Miami as national champs when they should have been rung out by the Wolverines. How's that for puck luck? I forget, was that a WCHA team of refs on that game assignment?

Miami. Sure has a better ring than Wisconsin, or B.C. Who knows. Maybe RIT is not going to RIP and it will pull a Bowling Green. That'd be cool.

In any event, who from the Sioux fan base here is still planning on going to Detroit? We always crow about how we travel as fans, and we sure as heck do.

Legions when the Sioux are playing. For those of you who can still make this trip, cool. Times are tough for many so we are lucky to be going.

I am done licking my wounds. I have long had the days marked out. My daughter graduates this year. My brother might be able to go. My brother-in-law would

walk across hot coals to watch a hockey game. Especially with me. I have answered way too many of the same questions, "What, why the holy heck you going on vacation to Detroit?"

There, we shall l fly the colors proud. There, we will visit Ford. There, we hope and expectd to see alot of Sioux fans in and around Ford Field next week.

Sure hope that the Exploder is up to it . . . . Click. Click. Click. Klank. Just like the season just ended.

Add 4 Fighting Sioux fans to the list. We will be there.

When did you guys get your tickets in the mail...I'm freaking out because we moved and sent them a letter about our new address and have heard nothing. Their website is not very useful. I will just chock it up to the anger i have for Myles!!!

When did you guys get your tickets in the mail...I'm freaking out because we moved and sent them a letter about our new address and have heard nothing. Their website is not very useful. I will just chock it up to the anger i have for Myles!!!

It seems that ours came about a month ago or so. Early March.

Call Ford Field Ticket Office. That is the return address on our envelope, sent express mail. They may be in the best position to help you. Or, go to your old neighborhood P.O. They might still have them waiting for you to claim them. We had to sign for ours.

I actually called the NCAA today about something, if you need their number I can send it to you when I get home from work. Let me know.

Siouxbufan and I will be there! We're going to the Tigers-Indians game on Saturday afternoon (hopefully Travis Hafner is healthy). Columbus plays the Redwings Wednesday p.m., too, so we might go to see Mike Commodore. We're obviously disappointed that the Sioux won't be there but looking forward to being with great hockey fans and watching some great games.

I am sitting this year out but will be watching from home. I did do the application for next year. Hope the Sioux will be getting number eight in St. Paul.

How do we get an application for next year's Frozen Four?

Holy Cow those are expensive. 800.00 for four tickets.

So does that guarantee you tickets someplace then or does it just put you on a priority list and you are reimbursed if you don't make it?

Also, how do you know where your seats would be or is it just random and luck of the draw?

I am new to the frozen four thing, but have always thought it would be fun to go.

Would it be better to just wait and get tickets from a scalper who isn't going because their team didn't make it?

So does that guarantee you tickets someplace then or does it just put you on a priority list and you are reimbursed if you don't make it?

Also, how do you know where your seats would be or is it just random and luck of the draw?

I am new to the frozen four thing, but have always thought it would be fun to go.

Would it be better to just wait and get tickets from a scalper who isn't going because their team didn't make it?

If I read it right it just gets you on the list that they pick from.

Correct. You pay for the privilege of being in the lottery and if you're not picked you get your money back, sometime in July.

Correct me if I am wrong but if you have a customer ID # with the NCAA, you are more likely to get picked?

Correct me if I am wrong but if you have a customer ID # with the NCAA, you are more likely to get picked?

Depends on your priority #. If you have been buying tickets every year since 1997 then you are a shoe in. But if you have only purchased tix in one or two or those years then your odds of getting tickets in the priority process are pretty low. I don't know where the cutoff has historically been in terms of priority. I've always received tickets through the priority process but with 13 years of "priority" built up, even with a customer ID# from the NCAA, if you have a low prioity # you will probably get tossed into the general pool.

If you've been awarded tickets in the past your chances of being picked are higher than those who haven't; the more times you've been picked, the higher your chances.

Just for the record.. hockey on a football field was a terrible idea. There is lots of complaining going on here, especially from those closer to the ice. They can't see the ice. We are on the end in row 18 and they are not bad, but it just doesn't sound right.

Just for the record.. hockey on a football field was a terrible idea. There is lots of complaining going on here, especially from those closer to the ice. They can't see the ice. We are on the end in row 18 and they are not bad, but it just doesn't sound right.

My seats are in section 240, row 3 and we have a great view. The people sitting next to us said they had seats on the lower level, the chairs they set up, and they were terrible.

FrozenFour2010008.jpg