SiouxSports.com Forum

2010-2011 schedule?

axnecorl

Would the Nye Classic game against UAA count as a conference game? I like the non conference games we have. UAF, MAINE, Notre Dame, good teams. This team has a chance to make a run to Minneapolis, I am looking forward to that.

It shouldn't since it is a tournament. And not to be picky, but both the Final Five and the Frozen Four are in St. Paul, not Minneapolis. Sorry, but it is slightly frustrating when you tell people that you live in St Paul and they are like, "so you live in Minneapolis".

It shouldn't since it is a tournament. And not to be picky, but both the Final Five and the Frozen Four are in St. Paul, not Minneapolis. Sorry, but it is slightly frustrating when you tell people that you live in St Paul and they are like, "so you live in Minneapolis".

Live in St Paul, and I agree they will make some sort of run to get here for the FF, but I am not as optimistic as many of you. Yes, returning large numbers helps, but I still do not see really exceptional scoring talent returning or that real offensive game changer coming in. Lots of shots on the net all year, but many were not quality. Genoway out really hurt the offense, but it is way too early to see what next year looks like. DU, UW, and even SCSU had more pure offensive talent than the Sioux this year. The D will be outstanding no matter who plays, but I really want to see more goals when we get 35 shots or more on goal. We made every goalie in the country an All American this year.

Live in St Paul, and I agree they will make some sort of run to get here for the FF, but I am not as optimistic as many of you. Yes, returning large numbers helps, but I still do not see really exceptional scoring talent returning or that real offensive game changer coming in. Lots of shots on the net all year, but many were not quality. Genoway out really hurt the offense, but it is way too early to see what next year looks like. DU, UW, and even SCSU had more pure offensive talent than the Sioux this year. The D will be outstanding no matter who plays, but I really want to see more goals when we get 35 shots or more on goal. We made every goalie in the country an All American this year.

Brad Schlossman at the Heraldo would agree with that. :ohmy:

Would the Nye Classic game against UAA count as a conference game? I like the non conference games we have. UAF, MAINE, Notre Dame, good teams. This team has a chance to make a run to Minneapolis, I am looking forward to that.

I am thinking this next season might be the one.

Would the Nye Classic game against UAA count as a conference game?

no since its a fixed tourney. Fixed as in this tourney and the Brice Gold Rush in Fairbanks that UAA is part of the agreement is UAA & UAF do not play each other in those tourneys. Ao its a non conference game

Same as the UMD hall of fame game....just a non conference game

• Upvote 1