Sioux @ MTU

siouxhockeyfan11

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kristo Zajac and Blood

zajac had one waved off that should have counted.

Most refs would have blown it dead when it was under his pads. It just looks bad because as soon as they decided to blow it dead then it came lose. I can live with that call.

Intent to blow the whistle when the overhead shot shows the puck is free the whole time.

My question is who blew the whistle? The ref at the net pointed at the puck indicating a good goal. Are you going to tell me the ref at center ice blew the whistle when he obviously had the worst advantage to determine the whereabouts of the puck?

Most refs would have blown it dead when it was under his pads. It just looks bad because as soon as they decided to blow it dead then it came lose. I can live with that call.

i would agree with that if the ref had not been standing behind the net and the overhead shot showed the puck just sitting there.

Intent to blow the whistle when the overhead shot shows the puck is free the whole time.

The whistle wasn't blown by the ref that was in position beside the net. He obviously saw that the puck wasn't frozen, and immediately pointed it a goal when it went in. The ref that did blow the whistle should have seen that the other ref was in better position and wasn't blowing his whistle..... bad break.....

My question is who blew the whistle? The ref at the net pointed at the puck indicating a good goal. Are you going to tell me the ref at center ice blew the whistle when he obviously had the worst advantage to determine the whereabouts of the puck?

I think it was the ref at the net. He decided to blow the whistle (rightly so because he couldn't see it even though the goalie didn't have it) but then as he was blowing it he saw it trickle free. So he signaled goal but it was too late. Whistle had already gone.