SiouxSports.com Forum

Great Game

Bisonfan1234

Doesn't get much better than that and UND won it. Would like to make one correction, on the first TD i said that Dahl was in for Sheppard @ SS. But in fact they were both running after the WR. So it must have been some 5 db formation.

Overall, i'd say if we played 10 games NDSU would win 6 out of 10. Looks like today wasn't our day.

**whoops, i originally said 6 out of 4...but you obviously knew what i meant.

Overall, i'd say if we played 10 games NDSU would win 6 out of 4. Looks like today wasn't our day.

That would be special. Obviously NDSU doesn't offer the rocket science degree ;)

Guess I should predict that the Sioux would win 8 out of 2, if I'm understanding correctly how numbers are bouncing around in that empty cranium you seem to possess.

Overall, i'd say if we played 10 games NDSU would win 6 out of 4. Looks like today wasn't our day.

You never give up, eh? You made a bunch of loud-mouthed predictions and it comes back to bite you when you turn out to have been wrong. Since you're still making wild predictions, let's revisit the accuracy of your past predictions:

Bison 35 (a touchdown instead of 2 FG) , Sioux 7
The reason we haven't taken the leash off the passing game is because we've run on all the teams we've played on this year. UND will be no different. 300+ yards of running should be expected.

Could we have unleash the passing game should the run fail? Of course. With Stauss at qb and 4 of the conference's best receivers (including the 2 fastest) in burrell, johnson, belquist, and white UND won't be able to stop us.

I don't think anyone's really interested in your Sioux-related predictions anymore. You obviously just can't objectively evaluate the Sioux because of your hatred of your rival.

Bringing this thread back on topic:

The Bison lost to a very good Sioux team that actually played for four quarters. The Sioux beat a very good Bison team that never gave up and made a terrific comeback. One of the great games. First Bison/Sioux game to ever go to OT.

Congrats to UND, and best of luck the rest of the season.

How about those Sioux. A well played game by both sides. I hope that they find a way to keep this rivalry going, it sure makes thing interesting. Congrats to the boys, #73 your father is very proud of what a tough young man you are, playing hurt and sucking it up like you always have. Get some rest tonite, enjoy having you mom, your brothers and your grandparents with you this weekend and send them back to Alaska on Monday. Congratulations to the Bison, keep your heads up.

Bringing this thread back on topic:

The Bison lost to a very good Sioux team that actually played for four quarters. The Sioux beat a very good Bison team that never gave up and made a terrific comeback. One of the great games. First Bison/Sioux game to ever go to OT.

Congrats to UND, and best of luck the rest of the season.

bisonguy,

I have to parrot everyone else and say thank you for your mature and sportsmanlike post. It's nice that one side can congratulate the other in a manner that is fitting of adults and not spoiled children who didn't get their way.

I didn't get to see the game. ;) I did go to watch high school hockey at the Ralph (post coming in hockey boards) instead. I'm happy that the Sioux won, but I have no other information than that.

Hope this rivalry doesn't end.

Congrads to the Sioux, you guys played a dang good game today and stopped us when it counted. Hopefully, we will meet again and maybe the Bison can pull their head out of their posteriors during the game. :angry:

Lets hope the rivalry doesn't end, but if it does enjoy the nickel and congrads again. (sniff) ;)

UND 92,96

Th interference call was pretty obvious on TV. Sweeny and Halstom both agreed that the replay at the Alerus didn't show it like nearly like the angle on TV.

Speaking of penalties- Anybody notice the lack of holding calls on both sides? I remember, albeit with biased eyes, a play where Dwight Summerville beat his lineman and had an unimpeded path to Bowenkamp, but his jersery seemed to have a lineman's hand grabbing right between the numbers on the back of his jersey.