SIOUX @ SCSU

AZSIOUX

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Easy now, let's not get personal here. :ohmy:

Having said that, I am on your side on this one. Being critical when it's valid to be critical is NOT fairweather. It is far, far worse to be apathetic and not care about the team than to be critical of them.

your right no need to get personal.

I mean when these guys lose like last weekend it really sucks and sticks with me the whole week. I don't think a fairweather fan would feel that deeply.

Hak saying we wore the Huskies down over the course of the weekend, that gave us a half-second and a half-step on them. We still control our own destiny and have a lot of work to do. Gotta keep building on tonight's game. We've felt we were constantly improving and giving the necessary effort. Amazed at the number of Sioux fans who were at the Concrete Center, out cheering the Husky crowd.

your right no need to get personal.

I mean when these guys lose like last weekend it really sucks and sticks with me the whole week. I don't think a fairweather fan would feel that deeply.

You are right. Fairweather fans are on the bandwagon when the team wins and apathetic when they don't. Real fans are not happy about losses and want the team to start winning again.

Easy now, let's not get personal here. :ohmy:

Having said that, I am on your side on this one. Being critical when it's valid to be critical is NOT fairweather. It is far, far worse to be apathetic and not care about the team than to be critical of them.

I guess that is my point, what exactly were people being critical of? Other than the W and L record, there wasn't a whole lot on the ice that was bad, in my opinion. I feel some of you are like the fans in my season ticket area at the Ralph. When things are going well, you are cheering and giving high fives. When the other team scores a goal or two, you start getting on these 18-23 year old guys who are busting their ass on the ice as if you know better than them. Believe me, they know the game of hockey better than us rubes.

It is just frustrating sometimes. Other than finishing tonight, what was different than other games that UND lost?

I can see why knowledgable guys like PCM don't post on here anymore. I have to say...I am starting to see why he left.

I know the reason he left, that this ain't it. :ohmy:

I hate it when the team loses. I hate it when other members criticize the boys, the coaches, the fans, the ice, etc. but I know that when most of them do, it's not because they're no longer fans. I don't think it fair to accuse them of jumping ship when they voice their frustration.

I know the reason he left, that this ain't it. :ohmy:

I hate it when the team loses. I hate it when other members criticize the boys, the coaches, the fans, the ice, etc. but I know that when most of them do, it's not because they're no longer fans. I don't think it fair to accuse them of jumping ship when they voice their frustration.

Understandable, but it just pisses me off to no end when it happens, and I've seen it too much in person at the Ralph, and on this board this year. Apparently it is my "hot button".

Hennessey gives Frattin the Roughneck of the Game award for hard-hitting checks and breaking out of scoring slump. Mario also gets a share of that award for trying to right things by his fight challenge to Marvin. The Husky announcers seemed to think that Marvin would have whipped Mario handily.

Understandable, but it just pisses me off to no end when it happens, and I've seen it too much in person at the Ralph, and on this board this year. Apparently it is my "hot button".

Yeah, me, too. But, we can tell the people who don't bleed green and I can't name one Sioux fan on this board who doesn't.

I guess that is my point, what exactly were people being critical of? Other than the W and L record, there wasn't a whole lot on the ice that was bad, in my opinion. I feel some of you are like the fans in my season ticket area at the Ralph. When things are going well, you are cheering and giving high fives. When the other team scores a goal or two, you start getting on these 18-23 year old guys who are busting their ass on the ice as if you know better than them. Believe me, they know the game of hockey better than us rubes.

It is just frustrating sometimes. Other than finishing tonight, what was different than other games that UND lost?

We played solid, consistent hockey for 60 minutes tonight. We killed penalties when we needed to. We converted on the powerplay. We didn't take a lot of stupid penalties. Those are things that have not always been there this season and it was nice to see them tonight.

And finishing can make the difference between winning and losing. You will get X number of scoring chances in a game and you had better capitalize on them when you get a chance (hot goalies notwithstanding). We have struggled with that all season until tonight. And it just gets very frustrating when as a fan you get all excited about a big series and then it all goes down the drain because somebody misses an open net or fails to even get a shot on goal on an odd-man rush. Those are valid things to criticize a team for.

Tonight was a big step in the right direction, but whether this team can play well on a consistent basis down the stretch is the question that must be answered.

It will be nice to get a little separation in the standings from the goofs

I think our best bet is CC in a number of areas. The Sioux are now 4 points behind CC and control their destiny for 5th place and home ice in the first round of the playoffs. And should the Sioux remain in 6th, I would prefer they play CC than any of the other teams in 1st through 4th, although St. Cloud maybe isn't so tough any more. The last time they were on a hot streak late in the season the Sioux thumped them pretty good and they never recovered. St. Cloud got swept out of the Final Five and lost their NCAA playoff game.