SiouxSports.com Forum

GREEN Blackhawks/Toews Jerseys

JESUS,family,rutgers

For AZSioux and the other jersey collectors out there, I saw a site that sells Green (and other colors) Chicago Blackhawks/Jonathan Toews jerseys for $45. If the link doesn't work,they are at www.richshoes.com on the second page of Blackhawks jerseys.Visit My Website

As a jersey collector myself, DO NOT BUY THESE!

These are counterfeits. To my knowledge, Reebok never even made an authentic version of the St. Patty's Day jersey.

There are a number of legitimate reasons not to buy counterfeit/fake products, and I've been vocal about this before, so just DO NOT waste your money.

Save up some cash and get a product from the original company.

I echo the Big AG sentiment. I know a guy who knows a guy who knew a guy who bought one of these.

He ordered one size, and was sent something about four sizes to small. All of the sudden, the seller went stone cold silent.

No refund. No relief. Now, some little kid is wearing it rather than the big guy who knows a guy who knows a guy who knows me.

I recall the 'Hawks site had green Toews jerseys last year. I believe they were only Reebok practice jerseys, rather than game gear. I also remember the green St. Pat's Toews t-shirt that looked pretty good with the Blackhawk logo in green. If you're going to buy a green 'Hawks jersey or shirt, I'd stay away from any unofficial sites or sellers as recommended.

I can offer a counterexample.

I have a friend of a friend of a friend who purchased a green St Patty's Blackhawk Toews jersey online for around $45 and it is perfect. Double stitched numbers and letters, shamrock on front, even has a fight strap. It is probably the luck of the draw on these online sites...but this jersey is awesome!

I can offer a counterexample.

I have a friend of a friend of a friend who purchased a green St Patty's Blackhawk Toews jersey online for around $45 and it is perfect. Double stitched numbers and letters, shamrock on front, even has a fight strap. It is probably the luck of the draw on these online sites...but this jersey is awesome!

I'd agree with this comment. I know people who have ordered NFL, MLB and NHL jerseys from overseas for even less than this and they look really nice. I suppose you're taking a risk by doing that, but everyone I know that have used that particular site (not the site that JFR linked to) has loved their jerseys.

Not this again. Sorry but that's the same crappy thing that's been on eBay for forever and a day it seems. I first saw them in March last year, but that was when the Hawks played the Devils and Brodeur got the regular season wins record. So no green jerseys that year. They did make a practice jersey, but I don't recall them having names/numbers on them. Although I could be wrong on that.

Double stiching and nice patches and fight straps, don't mean anything, and for this all it means is it's a well made counterfit (if you even want to call this one that). But a counterfit nontheless. I'll take the real deal over a well made fake anyday, no matter the price, and I'm not exactly rolling in the dough. It's a lot more satisfying for me to work hard save my money and purchase a quality product that I can show off with pride. Because face it that's the only reason we buy jerseys, to show them off. To be completely honest, even if there was a legit version of that jersey, I would not even think about, thinking about buying it. It's so ugly and awkward looking. The practice one looks much better to me anyway, and is an acutal 100% real Reebok product.

But.... To each his own....

Add to that, the fact that counterfeit merchandise in general is illegal, and has been linked to some terrorist funding, and I think most people with any integrity would stay away from the knockoffs, but whatever ...

I was not aware of the fact that buying jerseys online can fund terrorists...

I guess I see it as buying store brand items instead of name brand. Why spend $250 on an NFL jersey when I can get one that looks the same for $25? Why pay Reebok and the NFL players Union, or whoever, the markup? It's not like I'm going to be playing in the thing and worrying about my pads fitting right, tearing, etc.

Interesting points, I will have to google some articles on the "counterfeit jerseys" and ill effects, including the illegalities.

So, when I go to the Caribbean islands or Mexico and buy knockoff Ray Bans or a Coach purse for the wife, is that also frowned upon by people on this board? (I always tell people they are knockoffs and never try to pretend they are real)

I was not aware of the fact that buying jerseys online can fund terrorists...

I guess I see it as buying store brand items instead of name brand. Why spend $250 on an NFL jersey when I can get one that looks the same for $25? Why pay Reebok and the NFL players Union, or whoever, the markup? It's not like I'm going to be playing in the thing and worrying about my pads fitting right, tearing, etc.

Interesting points, I will have to google some articles on the "counterfeit jerseys" and ill effects, including the illegalities.

So, when I go to the Caribbean islands or Mexico and buy knockoff Ray Bans or a Coach purse for the wife, is that also frowned upon by people on this board? (I always tell people they are knockoffs and never try to pretend they are real)

Start here. It's older, but still relevant.

Interpol

As a practical matter, buying knockoffs is a form of theft. You, and others may see it as victimless, or even justified, but it's theft regardless. Moreover, how can you purport to support a given player, team, etc. when you deprive them of the monies due them from their own licensing arrangements whether with the NHL, NC$$ or any other organization?

Start here. It's older, but still relevant.

Interpol

As a practical matter, buying knockoffs is a form of theft. You, and others may see it as victimless, or even justified, but it's theft regardless. Moreover, how can you purport to support a given player, team, etc. when you deprive them of the monies due them from their own licensing arrangements whether with the NHL, NC$$ or any other organization?

Very interesting. What is your take on those who sell custom UND jerseys on this board? Are they taking money away from UND, the NCAA, etc, or is it okay because they are not in a foreign country?

For the record, I have no problem with those selling jerseys on this board...hope I'm not opening a can of worms here.

The one thing that makes me slightly "ok" with buying the green Toews Hawks jersey is the fact that Reebok never actually made that jersey so it'd be impossible to get without getting a counterfeit. However, it's still an illegal fake, and yes, I also have heard that counterfeit products can, and will, support terrorist groups. I heard the same thing when I was in my shoe collection days (Air Jordans, etc..).

Just PLEASE DO NOT buy those things. Even if it was fine to buy fakes, those fonts and whatnot are so off it's borderline hilarious.

Very interesting. What is your take on those who sell custom UND jerseys on this board? Are they taking money away from UND, the NCAA, etc, or is it okay because they are not in a foreign country?

For the record, I have no problem with those selling jerseys on this board...hope I'm not opening a can of worms here.

It's a totally different situation. There are no legal issues with what many others have sold on here as "custom" Sioux jerseys. You can look at what the University of North Dakota deems their own property, and none of it infringes upon it. I once created a thread about having some custom vintage t-shirts made with some logos that didn't infringe upon any of UND's rights, but they immediately expressed their concerns about the thread with Jim and were keeping a close eye on what happened.

Obviously they would do the same for the others selling the custom jerseys, if they were, in fact, "counterfeit". Also, they aren't stitching Reebok/Nike/CCM logos on them illegally, nor are the jerseys available through any other manufacturer, which is a factor as well.

I love getting unique or custom jerseys as much as the next guy if not more so - i.e. Toews Winter Classic jersey, throwback Sioux, Vikings, and Twins jerseys, but this site doesn't look right to me. A few things that worry me can be seen in the Minnesota Wild section. Look at the difference in the greens in the Cal Clutterbuck, Mikko Koivu, and Derek Boogaard third jerseys. All three are a different shade of green; same thing with the red on the Pierre MB and Clutterbuck home jerseys. Now maybe these are all due to lighting but it just doesn't strike me as an overly professional practice to have this much inconsistency in your jersey pictures. However if someone does order from them and they are legit - let me know because the prices are pretty damn good, I just think they're too good to be true.

I love getting unique or custom jerseys as much as the next guy if not more so - i.e. Toews Winter Classic jersey, throwback Sioux, Vikings, and Twins jerseys, but this site doesn't look right to me. A few things that worry me can be seen in the Minnesota Wild section. Look at the difference in the greens in the Cal Clutterbuck, Mikko Koivu, and Derek Boogaard third jerseys. All three are a different shade of green; same thing with the red on the Pierre MB and Clutterbuck home jerseys. Now maybe these are all due to lighting but it just doesn't strike me as an overly professional practice to have this much inconsistency in your jersey pictures. However if someone does order from them and they are legit - let me know because the prices are pretty damn good, I just think they're too good to be true.

They are not legit, plain and simple. There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it. All the products on the site are illegal counterfeits.

I would be really careful about ordering from this site. If you look around it, the site is very poorly designed and the more I looked around it the more features I found that were not actually functioning features. Lots of spelling errors, etc appear on the site also. I tried contacting their customer service yesterday but never heard back from them. It almost seems to be a Phishing website so be careful what information you may give them.

has anyone her purchased an official jersey off nhl.com recently? talk about cheaply made. maybe these knockoffs will force them to raise the bar/lower their price.

I bought a replica Blues jersey, the Preimer version, off NHL.com. The crest on the front was stitched and of moderate quality and the name/numbers were heat pressed plasticky material, they were pretty detailed though. It cost $100. I'm happy okay with it for now, but I'll be buying an EDGE soon, right after I get my Bllues Game Issued. I would assume the EDGE jeresys are made up to very high standards. The bottom line to ALL this, replica, authentic, game worn, counterfit, etc, etc, is you get what you pay for. Plain and simple.

has anyone her purchased an official jersey off nhl.com recently? talk about cheaply made. maybe these knockoffs will force them to raise the bar/lower their price.

Depends on what you get. There are Reebok Premier jerseys (consumer-friendly) and Reebok Edge (authentic...same the players wear).

Some fakes ARE relatively well made for a very cheap price. Every counterfeit item aims for this, otherwise they'd be just as expensive. But, there are costs tied with making the name brand stuff versus the counterfeit products. There is research to pay for to design the jerseys, licensing, a company full of employees to pay for, marketing, advertising, etc. All the counterfeits do is have to pay for the materials and insanely cheap sweat shop labor and then steal everything else that relates to higher costs.

The Premier jersey is likely what you are referring to being "cheaply made". And no, counterfeits won't change how these products are priced. Counterfeit products have been around for awhile now, and nothing has changed in any "genre" of consumer products...whether it's jerseys, shoes, purses, sunglasses, etc. The only thing that has had SOME impact related to how much we pay for the real deal is DVD's/CD's (but not much).

But anyways, the Premier jerseys are not cheap, but much less expensive than the authentic's, coming in at 1/3 of the price, which is fair in my opinion. Like I said, there are reasons these items are priced the way they are. T-shirts run $20-25 (or more) now for anything name brand. There is obviously much more to a jersey (even the less expensive Premier) than a t-shirt...but how much more? They sell t-shirts with player names and numbers, so you have to price the jerseys accordingly thereafter in relation to those prices and the costs of manufacturing the products themselves.

Save your money, spend a little bit more, and get the real thing. In my opinion, not only are the counterfeiters extremely selfish for selling these items wrongly and illegally, but the people who buy from them are equally selfish.

It's a totally different situation. There are no legal issues with what many others have sold on here as "custom" Sioux jerseys. You can look at what the University of North Dakota deems their own property, and none of it infringes upon it. I once created a thread about having some custom vintage t-shirts made with some logos that didn't infringe upon any of UND's rights, but they immediately expressed their concerns about the thread with Jim and were keeping a close eye on what happened.

Obviously they would do the same for the others selling the custom jerseys, if they were, in fact, "counterfeit". Also, they aren't stitching Reebok/Nike/CCM logos on them illegally, nor are the jerseys available through any other manufacturer, which is a factor as well.

Yes, but it is still potentially taking away from UND jersey sales...which could be considered a negative for the University.